• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

If you could only have one...

If you could own only one, which would you choose?

• Les Paul

Votes: 377 41.9%
  • SG

Votes: 123 13.7%

Votes: 400 44.4%

• Total voters

kombi1976

Geez, that’s hard. My go-to at present is my ‘05 SG but I’ve played 3 Ric 330/6s that were astounding. I want a 330/6 to buddy up with my 330/12, which is my favourite, and it could well dethrone the SG. But if I had to choose my most flexible right now it would be the SG. Although I might just say screw it and grab the Ric 12. Geez, it’s amazing.

Matt Sarad

I'm on SG #3. I've had 4 335s. My Les Pauls have been JRs and TV Specials.
At this point, I'd love to have a Bloomfield, Parnell, or Warren Haynes Signature model Standard.

misterg71

The premier Hack Guitarist
Silver Supporting Member
ES-335 would just barely beat the SG. After nearly 30 years, I’m Les Pauled out.

Shades of Blue

Silver Supporting Member
I originally voted LP, but after owning my 335 for 4 months, it’s a definite swing to the 335 for me...

PoppaSteve

Les Paul and SG are basically the same thing, so it doesn't matter. That said (and owning a LP Special for over 40 years) give me a 335. I have two and they do everything.

Strummerfan

335s are just classy. They look great, sound great and feel great. I like all three choices, but the open sound and superb looks of the 335 win hands down. Especially in Cherry, with flame.

So say you're trying to decide between getting a Les Paul, 335, or an SG. You have a choice of keeping the best Les Paul you've ever heard and played, the best 335 you've ever heard and played, or the best SG you've ever heard and played. Which would you choose and why? And no, you can't afford all three in this case. :p
If you have a ‘57 Strat then I’d ask...Mike Stern?... J Beck?...Eric Johnson? (Go with 335) // Jimi?...Jimmy?...Pete T?...Blackmore?...(Go LP)...You might dig Angus...but unless the SG has a Bigsby I think you’d regret your selection after a while. Not as honestly versatile. IMHO. The 335 & LP would truly fill the other end of the spectrum for you.

Trending Topics