If you could only own ONE guitar for the rest of your life...

Your medal is in the mail.
nah, it's all throughout these threads.
You've mentioned the mail.
When people starting receiving guitars though the mail, this little problem of guitar buying obsession went through the roof.
Advice people- mail is for letters and things like dog worming tablets..play your guitars before you buy them.

LMCADOW

My '54 Gretsch Roundup. I'm 71, so I've already owned it for most of my life (56 yrs.), so it won't be hard to complete that mission!

Chops

Platinum Supporting Member
If it’s one I already own, my Martin J-40.
If not, then it’s that elusive one that turns me into a player who changes the direction of popular music—multiple times.

SinSir

I'll keep it to guitars I own. I struggled with "the one" question more and more as my guitar count grew more and more. I've owned a lot of guitars over the years. Some great and some crap but never could decide on which was my favorite. One would be my fav for a while, then another would bump it to the back seat or off to the classifieds might go. Right now most of my guitars play great and sound just as good, but If it came down to keeping one it would without question be my PRS Custom 24. It's the guitar I measure all guitars by. There's nothing I'd change and would never ever part with it.

CDP

My Taylor Acoustic. Who knows what the future holds. I'd hate to be stuck with an electric if I have to move off the grid. :dunno

guitarsr

My 1st electric: 1967 Melody Maker
Modded in 1980
HSH (original pickup in middle)
installed tune-o-matic and stop tailpiece
Wired the humbuckers conventionally, with 3 way toggle
3-way micro toggle for middle pickup (in phase - off - out of phase)
3 volume knobs, 1 tone knob

Simple, easy, and 12 electrics later, it's still the most versatile guitar I own

Incredible action, neck stable as a rock. Neck is sensitive to pressure and narrow .. . so it taught me to play with a light touch, and to have accurate fingering.

Toffo

An Ernieball Musicman Majesty, 7 string or preferably the 8 string when it comes out. It's so comfortable it practically plays itself (this is especially useful in my case!). Really versatile with the coil split, preamp boost and piezo. Great guitars.

Trending Topics