If you could replace one album track with a song that was recorded at the same but left off...

supergenius365

Silver Supporting Member
An album that keeps "Maxwell's Silver Hammer" but cuts "Isn't It a Pity" or (at least) half of George's songs on All Things Must Pass is not befitting the greatest pop group of all time.
Silver Hammer is an immediate press of the FF button for me.

There is a bootleg of them doing All Things Must Pass. Even at a very rough stage of development, they had a great sounding song. Shows a good reason why George was so unhappy at the time.

supergenius365

Silver Supporting Member
U2 Unforgettable Fire - replace Elvis Presley and America with Three Sunrises.

Dylan Infidels - replace Union Sundown with Blind Willie McTell.

jimijimmyjeffy

not sure about the memory here, but wasn't Mother on a Police Album while Murder by Numbers was a B side of a single? Or am I thinking of something else? Those would be my candidates.

minimal fretwear

Silver Supporting Member
I think zenith was probably from the same time as the rest of Ghost’s Meloria. I’d like to swap it with something, but that is the rare album with almost no filler. Maybe one of the instrumentals?

Last edited:

gmann

What do you think it would be?

I think this would be one of my choices.

I think this song should've been included on Beatles For Sale instead of the cover of Mr. Moonlight. They're both covers, but I think the performance of Leave My Kitten Alone is just fantastic all around. They're really rocking on this song and I think John's vocals sound brilliant, especially when he comes back in after the guitar solo.

I thought of this just reading the thread title and then I clicked and saw this! I was always under the impression that it was recorded during the 'Help' sessions tho. Either way, killer song. It's by Little Willie John who died broke and in prison. If only the Beatles had released this during his lifetime, his life might have been very different. I wonder if he ever knew they recorded it.

johann

Van Halen - Balance
Replace "Doin' time" and "strung out" with "crossing over"

Van Halen - 3
Replace "how many say I" with "that's what I love you"

Dr Bonkers

An IR Vendor who opted to go for Gold this year!
Gold Supporting Member
not sure about the memory here, but wasn't Mother on a Police Album while Murder by Numbers was a B side of a single? Or am I thinking of something else? Those would be my candidates.
Synchronicity album

TheGuildedAge

Achtung Baby

Take off Tryin to Throw Your Arms Around the World and replace it with any of these and it is a perfect album start to finish:

1. Stay
2. If God Would Send His Angels
3. Lemon

John C

Gold Supporting Member
Fleetwood Mac Rumours - replace either Oh Daddy or maybe Songbird with Silver Springs (which was the B-side of Go Your Own Way). It's a hard choice, and sorry Christine that you get only 3 songs while Stevie gets 5, but I've just never jelled with Oh Daddy and mostly don't jell with Songbird as much as the other songs on the album or with Silver Springs.

Trending Topics