• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

If you could spend 5 minutes playing a famous player's guitar which one would it be?

ekkybedmond

Framptons 54 " Phoenix", cause of the legend of FCA and the airplane history of it, AND it's a monster of a guitar

2nds:
Gary Moore's Strat and either of his ' 59 Les Pauls
Carlos' first Yamaha SG
Brian Robertsons 72 (?) Deluxe LP

Lwilliams

Gold Supporting Member
I have played Clarence a few times......and Marty's D45 that belonged to Johnny Cash and Hank Jr.
I have played Greg Martin's 58 Les Paul

So:

Don Rich's 64 sparkle Custom Tele (the first one)
Gary Rossington's "Berniece"
Trigger
Bill Monroe's F5 (I know it's not a guitar, but....)
Clapton's "Brownie"
Duane's "Hot'lanta"

Telefunky

I would have said SRVs #1 except my buddy has a 1961 Strat that Renee Martinez does all the work on, and I can't stand the way it plays. Stevie actually used 12's btw, not 13's as the legend goes.

I've played both Robben Ford's AND Danny Gatton's Telecasters. Also Derek Truck's SG and Jimmy Page's 1st electric guitar, a cheap Strat copy that was really fun. (barely stayed in tune though)

For only 5 minutes, I'd go with Eddie's original Frankie; but if I could KEEP a famous guitar it would be Andy Summer's Tele.

Or maybe Robert Johnson's Stella; the crossroads model.

The Captain

Without a doubt, I would pick Page’s #1.
The close up shots on It Might Get Loud showed it to be such a beautiful guitar and to feel the history in that thing would be remarkable.
I would also love to play Papa Het’s Explorer, the boutique one, luthiers name has slipped my mind just now.
He’s been laying it for 20 yrs now, must be special.

richpjr

There a lots of guitars I'd love to play but if I had to pick one, it would be Brian May's Red Special. It's so different than anything else - would love to noodle on it.

Trending Topics