• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!
  • If you are seeing this, you are on the new TGP servers. Bear with us as we work out any issues related to the move. The end result should be a far better snappier experience on TGP. *Notice: You can close this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner.

If you could spend 5 minutes playing a famous player's guitar which one would it be?

dancareaga

Lukathers Valley Arts Robot

or Michael Landaus full on Tyler modified Coma in its floyd rose prime. circa 1988-89

moehuh

Tony Rice's D-28
SRV's No. 1
Duane Allman's Les Paul
Nile Rodgers's Hitmaker
Brian May's Red Special
EVH's Frankenstrat
Derek Truck's SG
David Gilmour's 0001 Strat
David Gilmour's Black Strat
Eric Johnson's '54 Strat
Robben Ford's Tele
Joe Bonamassa's '55 hardtail Strat

Just realized that's a lot of Strats!

wntbtw

Silver Supporting Member
Eric Clapton`s SG--the guitar you hear on most of Cream`s 'live' recordings
67-10 Cafe au GoGo NYC #3.jpg

bbtr

None of the above. I wouldn't even consider buying any one if it was available and cheap enough - 500 to 1000 dollars.

Sue me!

JJ Fux

I'd love to try Danny Gatton's Telecaster. I'm not sure if this is the one.

And John William's Smallman:

adrianb

Yngwie's "Play Loud" Strat.
Any one of Petrucci's guitars.
Vai's "Evo".
Satch's "Chromeboy".

And it has to be through their respective rigs, of course. Playing their guitars through my own gear would be pointless.

And then after playing their guitars through their rigs, i'd play my own guitar through their rigs to see if i still wouldn't pick their guitars over mine. :D

Kurt Leege

For me it would be a toss up between Jerry Garcia’s ‘Tiger’, one of Frisell’s teles or Fripp’s Fernandes custom gold.

Guess I wouldn’t mind trying one of Wes Montgomery’s L-5’s as well.

Last edited:

Jarick

Silver Supporting Member
I'd love to try a real 1959 Les Paul just to see what makes them so special. I'd love to know what real PAF's sound and feel like too. So I'd say Marsden's Beast or Pearly Gates or something like that.

Trending Topics