If you had an analog delay,.....

Sid

I own and love an old Ibanez AD-80, but like you I wanted longer times, modulation, tap tempo and all that jazz. The Timefactor was the answer to all that, I pretty much only use the digital delay and tape echo settings with the band and everything else is for fun at home so far.

The DSP (buffered) bypass of the TF is excellent, the relay (true) bypass is also great. When the software upgrades address the issues it will be the finest delay I've ever played.

your demos of the timefactor are unreal man...are you using any other effects on those clips?

52ftbuddha

Timefactor yes it is more money. The design is open USB connector, software interface the box is open. Nova the box is closed. Do you want to buy your last delay pedal? Wait untill the script kiddies get a hold of the code. You cant hook up an expression pedal to the Nova. I could run on, we are already on the second OS rev and when someone develops an editor/librarian we will be patch sharing. If you cant try both in retail buy both and send the lame one back.

DrGonzo

Platinum Supporting Member
Go for the TimeFactor. You'll have an amazing digital delay and a looper. I've had the DD20, the Nova and the TimeFactor. I still have the TimeFactor :AOK

Teahead

your demos of the timefactor are unreal man...are you using any other effects on those clips?

Cheers man, very kind of you to say so! One section of a clip features some octave down from the Octron and another section has a touch of vibe. Everything else is the Timefactor, 98% of the clips I'd guess.

They were all preset sounds too, straight out of the box you will get those tones. I couldn't believe the range of sounds available, it has more modulation capabilities than I'll every need and the level of control is also way beyond my requirements. Also, I haven't even used my AD-80 in about a month, the Timefactor is such a blast to play with.

rawkguitarist

Echo Park: all the good stuff of the DL4 except the presets and the tendency to die messily!

Actually the Echopark sounds *better* than the DL4. Specifically on the Tape and Analog settings. (I own both).

The Echopark therefore is my suggestion. Great sounding pedal.

I can't wait for the Empress... but I haven't played it yet, so I can't say anything. I have the TC Vintage and it sounds great, but when you change the delay time manually it doesn't do that cool machine gun type sound, it just cuts the signal... weird...I really liked the Timefactor, but (this sounds a little dumb) I really am not a fan of the computerized looking pedals. Besides that its a great pedal.

Sid

Cheers man, very kind of you to say so! One section of a clip features some octave down from the Octron and another section has a touch of vibe. Everything else is the Timefactor, 98% of the clips I'd guess.

They were all preset sounds too, straight out of the box you will get those tones. I couldn't believe the range of sounds available, it has more modulation capabilities than I'll every need and the level of control is also way beyond my requirements. Also, I haven't even used my AD-80 in about a month, the Timefactor is such a blast to play with.

niice....i am planning to get myself the octron soon enough....once i can find a buyer for my byoc octave......i dun buy till i sell.....:rolleyes:...i really like the tone on the clips....i might just have to get the timefactor......i need to go down and try all three again...always loved ur taste in pedals

nibus

I have a Memory Lane and a Timefactor. They are very different, and neither could replace the other. The Timefactor is useful because of its versatility and presets. The Memory Lane has the warm analog delay that digital modelers can't really duplicate.

Sniper-V

I have a ML and:
  • Replica
  • DD-20
  • Nova

I have yet to try the TimeFactor and I can't wait. I'm actually using all the pedals but I do find that I can't live without the DD-20 for its modulation. I like the Nova for Hi Gain stuff. If I had to pick one, I would choose the DD-20 over the Nova pretty easily.

Although, I hear the TimeFactor is sweet!

jcshirke

I have a Memory Lane and a Timefactor. They are very different, and neither could replace the other. The Timefactor is useful because of its versatility and presets. The Memory Lane has the warm analog delay that digital modelers can't really duplicate.

Yup. I have both pedals also, and I agree 100%.

Jeff

Sid

Update: I just bought the Timefactor...huge hole in da wallet...but after I tried it in the shop....whoa...had to have it....just plugged it in....report back later

Trending Topics

Top Bottom