If you had to limit yourself to a 3 pedal board

the pearl

Gold Supporting Member
1 Kemper profiler
2 Helix
3 Fractal fx8
Shouldn’t be able to get all the tones you need out of these 3 pedals probably won’t need any more

Last edited:

huntdmh

Gold Supporting Member
I downsized recently to a Voodoo Lab Dingbat Tiny ... love it!! 4 pedals w power supply On it is a Boss TU2 tuner Dirt (Ryra Klon or a Timmy) Delay (Strymon El Cap or Duncan Vapor Trail) and a Freq Out feedback generator.

Jammer#1

what would you choose? I have some definite thoughts, but I’m wondering what others would do? Don’t worry about footprint size or any specific brand, just the 3 types of pedals you’d want on your small board.

I would choose Xotic RC Booster version 2 which has 2 gain stages, Strymon El Capistan Delay and Strymon BigSky. That would cover everything I need.

modal-wool

Silver Supporting Member
compressor - overdrive - tremolo

In my case these would be Analogman Juicer > Crowther Hot Cake > Surfytrem

satherp5

Silver Supporting Member
Drolo - Molecular Disruptor
Chase Bliss - Preamp mkii
Source Audio - Collider

StarsBlinkOut

The amp is an important part of this equation. I'd use an amp with onboard foot switchable reverb, and at least two foot switchable channels. Then, with reverb and gain taken care of, the pedalboard is easy. Compressor, wah, delay. In that order.

roodog

Silver Supporting Member
Zoom MS-50g ( thru the EFX loop )
Maxon Compressor -> Barber Small Fry -> amp input.

I actually have this now ( but included a JHS modded Boss Tremolo ). Works great, and covers a lot of territory. Eventually, I'd like to replace the Zoom w/ and H9 Max. but, for now it works for what I do. Lastly I used a $5 (18x7 wood "duck board") from Michael's craft store. Great DIY project.

ujnhunter

EP Booster
Fender YJM OD
RAT

(This was easy... that's basically all I use anyhow... *looks at his 10,000 other pedals*)

MothAttack

what would you choose? I have some definite thoughts, but I’m wondering what others would do? Don’t worry about footprint size or any specific brand, just the 3 types of pedals you’d want on your small board.

TU-3w > Pre/OD > OD > Delay. I know that's 4, but TU-3w isn't an effects pedal. :)

Trending Topics

Top Bottom