• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

If you had to pick one- Tensor or Infinite Jets?

Flouncingfleasbag

Silver Supporting Member
Planning on selling some things in order to finance one of these two pedals.

Both look fantastic, I was set on the Tensor, until I realized the Jets was around the same price.

Can only afford one or the other.

I've spent a lot of time researching this style of effect, and these are the two that look the coolest to me ( Cooper FX Outwards is another, but they seem really hard to locate for not overly inflated prices).

Thanks.

dharkon8

I have
And I did
And I chose the infinite jets.
I love it with my setup and use it live (especially with creating loops) I particularly like the swell, blur and glitch voices but haven’t been able to get the synth voice to work for me.
Has also been outstanding for recording.
The only downside for live work is the limit of only two presets (a third is effectively whatever you have dialed up). In practice this limits me to 3 main sounds and I would love to be able to have access to more presets.
Superb pedal.

tremolo3

Isn't one a looper and the other one a stripped down SY-300?

I'd get both, way too different to put them in the same category.

Flouncingfleasbag

Silver Supporting Member

Well, they both do a lot of interesting loop type stuff, but the Jets has whole sets of other features, filters etc. Where as the Tensor can work more as a stand alone looper, as well as performance looper. So yeah, I get where you are coming from.

Unfortunately, can't possibly afford both at the moment, and missed a couple days of work this week already, which I usually never do, so set back even a little more. If you're interested...hahaha. Sorry, thinking aloud.

Brockstar

I have the boss sy-300 and it's nowhere near what infinite jets can do. I love it and in few days I'll have the infinite jets after watching and reading all over it for a long time. Both are totally different machines.

jackson5

I have both. These pedals are actually not that close function-wise. One is great for turning your playing into infinitely sustained sounds while the other is good for looping and changing time and pitch. They can both be "glitchy".

OP, what's your intent?

I have both. These pedals are actually not that close function-wise. One is great for turning your playing into infinitely sustained sounds while the other is good for looping and changing time and pitch. They can both be "glitchy".

OP, what's your intent?
I assume the former is the Infinite Jets and the latter is the Tensor?

Edit: It's a testament to the creative flexibility of both devices that I need to clarify which is which!

PhuzzphayzZ

Neither... imho, both are unusable in reality
I would luuuv to hear more along these lines. I'm trying to figure out which actual !!!SONG!!! I can use Tensor, mtl.asm, Microcosm/Jets/Dream, Fabrikat, Glitchy McGlitcher, or what have you. I figured it out!

DREAM WEAVER!!!

Any slow song would do I suppose... just layer all this bla bla under your playing, and then add more wow wow for Leads?

I want LaserBeams, and Jets and Missles!!!

I've got Worldz to Konquer Maigne!!!

Dragon's at the doorstep!!!

So, I see Fleasy was Tensor vs Jets... and now he's got the Microcosm and is pining for Ct5 and still Tensorless...hmmm...

This type of complex pedal is just so easy to misunderstand before buying... I'm still coming to terms with my Ct5 and Zellersasn LIMITATIONS- things I thought they did before I got them, and now, to my amazement, wonder why NO ONE alerted me to x, y, or z. But then I realize MOST people are somewhat mystified by a lot of these pedals. EVEN THE BUILDERS!!!!!

To me, the pedal I have is NOT "Ct5". Ct5 is the pedal I IMAGINED in my head prior to actually receiving 'That Blue Homemade Lookin' Pedal'. Ct5 is a LEGEND: the pedal I got 'seems' like a ProtoType!!! I mean... you know what I mean? The Legend, and the Pedal, to me, are two totally different experiences. The Demos, and Talk, and Imagining were all too much for me. I even studied the Manual and it STILL never occurred to me that Ct5 doesn't 'remember' settings after Power Down/Up! Like, couldn't sooooomeone have accidentally brought up, "You know, I keep losing my settings"??? I'm sure they did and I blazed on thru...

I KNOW I drank the KoolAid now... $1000 down is the AntiDote! Note how the word "antidote" has the word 'dote' in it... you're 'doting' on these pedals, like a granny her grandson. It's not reeeeal, man, it's not reeeeal!!!!!!!!!!!

awwwwwwww, how cute!:D

Flouncingfleasbag

Silver Supporting Member
I would luuuv to hear more along these lines. I'm trying to figure out which actual !!!SONG!!! I can use Tensor, mtl.asm, Microcosm/Jets/Dream, Fabrikat, Glitchy McGlitcher, or what have you. I figured it out!

DREAM WEAVER!!!

Any slow song would do I suppose... just layer all this bla bla under your playing, and then add more wow wow for Leads?

I want LaserBeams, and Jets and Missles!!!

I've got Worldz to Konquer Maigne!!!

Dragon's at the doorstep!!!

So, I see Fleasy was Tensor vs Jets... and now he's got the Microcosm and is pining for Ct5 and still Tensorless...hmmm...

This type of complex pedal is just so easy to misunderstand before buying... I'm still coming to terms with my Ct5 and Zellersasn LIMITATIONS- things I thought they did before I got them, and now, to my amazement, wonder why NO ONE alerted me to x, y, or z. But then I realize MOST people are somewhat mystified by a lot of these pedals. EVEN THE BUILDERS!!!!!

To me, the pedal I have is NOT "Ct5". Ct5 is the pedal I IMAGINED in my head prior to actually receiving 'That Blue Homemade Lookin' Pedal'. Ct5 is a LEGEND: the pedal I got 'seems' like a ProtoType!!! I mean... you know what I mean? The Legend, and the Pedal, to me, are two totally different experiences. The Demos, and Talk, and Imagining were all too much for me. I even studied the Manual and it STILL never occurred to me that Ct5 doesn't 'remember' settings after Power Down/Up! Like, couldn't sooooomeone have accidentally brought up, "You know, I keep losing my settings"??? I'm sure they did and I blazed on thru...

I KNOW I drank the KoolAid now... $1000 down is the AntiDote! Note how the word "antidote" has the word 'dote' in it... you're 'doting' on these pedals, like a granny her grandson. It's not reeeeal, man, it's not reeeeal!!!!!!!!!!!

awwwwwwww, how cute!:D
I saw this bump and did a double take- I have to admit I have a pattern.

For the record, I do have Tensor now. Largely because I did want more fireworks and dragon farts.

I completely agree about the pedal you bought being different from the pedal you get.

I wish someone would get inside our heads and know what we want. Not pad sounds but mind bending, front of the mix hendrix on MORE acid sounds.

[But you know... " kids" - Miller's Crossing]

PhuzzphayzZ

I saw this bump and did a double take- I have to admit I have a pattern.

For the record, I do have Tensor now. Largely because I did want more fireworks and dragon farts.

I completely agree about the pedal you bought being different from the pedal you get.

I wish someone would get inside our heads and know what we want. Not pad sounds but mind bending, front of the mix hendrix on MORE acid sounds.

[But you know... " kids" - Miller's Crossing]
Well, splatt seems to know what he wants (actually, he knows what WE want when we don't even know what we want, lol!), and it was wild how everyone was raving 'Microcosm', and his 1st Reply was to give the Makers some tips on how to improve things! THAT's... slightly ahead of the curve!!

1) How many DelayLines do you want/are you going to use... before things get muddy?

2) How many Loops are you running simultaneously?

When I got here, my answer would've been:

1) Dunno

2) None

HOMEWORK: utilize Microcosm/Zellersan/Tensor/Ct5/Fabrikat/what.have.you. in the song 'Cocaine' (picked because it has a 'Looping' riff)

GO!

(or simply describe how you would utilize an 'Ambient' set-up for a 'normal' Song... WITHOUT COMPROMISING the straaaaangeness of these pedals, or the Wonderment)

Sorry to bump such an old thread
when you say "infinitely sustained sounds" would that be similar to generative sounds coming from a modulation module synth?
I can't say for sure, but I doubt it. Some flavor of pads seems more like it.

If you want generative, I'd go ZOIA. It IS a modular synth in a box and can certainly do generative and sequenced and an unearthly amount of custom effects.

The one thing I don't love it for just yet is it looper. It's merely ok, but improvements to that are in the works.

Trending Topics