If you have tickets for the current Nick Cave tour...

fishinjim

... I doubt you'll be disappointed.
Just got back from tonight's show. Probably one of my least favorite set lists as far as live Cave/Seeds I've seen goes, but I was still as impressed as ever.
Another 10 years and these guys might just start coming into their prime.
(I think I may have said the same thing 10 years ago. lol).

killermeteor

... I doubt you'll be disappointed.
Just got back from tonight's show. Probably one of my least favorite set lists as far as live Cave/Seeds I've seen goes, but I was still as impressed as ever.
Another 10 years and these guys might just start coming into their prime.
(I think I may have said the same thing 10 years ago. lol).

A somewhat disappointing set list, huh? Do you remember what they played?
I'm a huge fan and have been for years-this weekend will be the first time I've had the chance to catch him live.

moosewayne

Silver Supporting Member
I'm a veteran of many Nick Cave shows and am looking forward to the April 3rd show in Denver.
I know this world-class performer will bring the goods, but it was hard enough to get past no Blixa, but no Mick Harvey now, either???!!!!?

mcp

I saw the show in Dallas, drove from Austin. I agree about the set list but still a good show. He played about 4 songs off the new one which I enjoyed the most. I am not good at remembering set lists but he played God is in the House, Stagger Lee, From Her to Eternity and a couple I didn't know as I don't have every album.

fishinjim

A somewhat disappointing set list, huh? Do you remember what they played?
I'm a huge fan and have been for years-this weekend will be the first time I've had the chance to catch him live.

Wouldn't say that it was a disappointing set list, just there were a few songs that I've seen them do live that I would have liked to have seen again.

Set list was similar to mcp's rundown....

(spoiler alert. stop reading here if you want to be surprised).

We No Who U R
Jubilee Street
Wide Lovely Eyes
Higgs Boson Blues
From Her to Eternity
Red Right Hand
Stranger than Kindness
Jack the Ripper
Deanna
Your Funeral... My Trial
God Is in the House
The Weeping Song
The Mercy Seat
Stagger Lee
Tupelo
Push the Sky Away

Wasn't really looking forward to the newer stuff as I wasn't sure how it would transfer to stage, but it was great.
These guys can make a lullaby as powerful as any balls to the wall metal show I've ever seen. lol.

Curse of Millhaven with the cue card guy up there is the one I really missed this time around...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JzqRIdZ8Rk

moosewayne

Silver Supporting Member
Stranger Than Kindness and From Her To Eternity are awesome!
Surprised he'd include 'Stranger'. It was written by Blixa and Anita Lane.

killermeteor

You were right, I wasn't disappointed at all. The show was amazing!
I had a great time: Nick Cave pulled my wife up out of the crowd and kissed her, then a few songs later, I helped him balance himself on the security gate at the front of the stage so he could kneel down and press his head to mine as he sang. It was pretty damned intense. I even snagged a set list.
If ya get a chance to see him, I strongly suggest you try and get right up at the stage.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom