• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

If you like synth pads & drones...

MisterE

This is something I wanted to post a while back but never got around to it....until now.
I want to show you a little demo about a small synth unit that can easily fit in the back of a rack.
You can play synths using MIDI.
It uses standard GM sounds.
This is the website for the little thing:
http://www.serdashop.com/
Here's a pic of the gizmo:

I've installed it in my rack to test it:

In case you can't find it... it's at the top on the right :)

You can just as easy install it at the back since it doesn't take up that much space:

This is how I programmed the notes in my Gordius:

I use variables to play the notes.
First of all I turn all notes off. This is from when I'm comming from another chord.
Then I put the correct values in the variables
Next I turn on the notes using the variables.
If I push longer than 0.48 seconds, it turns the notes off.

So I programmed three chords for this demo:

Here's my preset:

I added a pitch shifter adding an octave above and below plus a Plex Shift to create the shimmer.
For other so,ngs where I use the Gizmo, I rarely have to add anything except for a delay.
You can also turn on various effects in the Gizmo but I haven't gotten around to that yet.

So here's a little clip to demonstrate how it sounds:
[SOUNDCLOUD]

Blix

Wannabe Shredder
Silver Supporting Member
Really cool. So you play it with your Gordius then? Does it got a "keyboard mode" so you don't make patch changes when doing the synth tones? :)

MisterE

The way I've programmed this is the following:
By using a default preset when selecting this song, it automatically loads the preset "Shine On Crazy D".
then I have three buttons programmed to play the synth notes.
Because of the layout of the Gordius, it's also ideal to use it a s a keyboard with the notes from left ot right going from low C to high C.
I've got another bank programmed so I can play powerchords in each note using the Gordius without changing a preset.

Trending Topics