iGTR versus Line 6 Pocket Pod opinions please

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by joeprs, Feb 11, 2008.

1. joeprs

joeprs Member

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Line-6-Pocket-POD-Guitar-Effects-Processor?sku=151065

http://waves.com/iGTR/en/index.html

My nephew has been emailing me asking my opinion on either of these personal guitar processors. I don't know if we are comparing apples to apples here or not. The Pod is $130 and the iGTR is $75. The Pod has more sounds to choose from, but that may not be an issue. Bang for the buck, the iGTR might be better for him. He will use it to play with headphones and for recording. It might have just enough, or the right sounds that he needs. Two iGTR's can be hooked together so he could jam with a friend. It does not look like that can be done with the Pod, unless I read the info too quickly.

Is anybody here familiar with either or both of these products? If so, I would love to hear your opinions.

Thanks

2. joeprs

joeprs Member

Is anybody here familiar with either or both of these products?

Thanks.

3. brianf

brianf Member

I have a pocket Pod. Just a blast to noodle around with and at night the headphone feature is a plus.

It does a half decent job of amp modelling specially the Tweed Champ and Bassman. It has 4 or 5 effects . I thought it was an OK purchase. THen----- I learned to do all the editing on my PC and transfer it to the POD. It is now a great processor!!!

Can't go wrong for under 150.00

brianf

4. Orren

Orren Member

Everyone I know who tried the iGTR at NAMM was completely shocked by how good it was. I'm not personally familiar with either, but but I'd give it a serious look if I were choosing for myself.

Orren

5. FiveG

FiveG Gold Supporting Member

Anyone have any thoughts about the iGTR for use with an electric violin or viola? I have a Pocket Pod I use for my guitars, but was thinking of getting the other for my daughter's use with her e-viola.

6. codeorama

codeorama Member

I have the pocket pod and love it. I have it for no other reason that as a practice/recording tool.

7. ed84246

ed84246 Member

I must have been the only one who was not impressed then - very thin, uninspiring soudns to be honest. Pocket Pod I think is a much better way to go for the extra fifty bucks. I'd suggest the Pandora PX4 as well (the new PX5 is too expensive). It's modeled tones are better than the GTR, though not as good as the POD. But it has to me, what's essential for someone starting out - drum and bass backing tracks to jam along with.

8. Scorpyo

Scorpyo Member

Clean : decent but weak; Distorted :worst piece of junk I could ever stumble upon in my life.
    Still kicking myself thinking of how many nice stock pedals I could choose from in its place.
    Paid 75 euros = 112 $

9. Alter

Alter Member

i would suggest some used sansamp model. much better solution, even without the effects