IK Multimedia Tonex AI Machine Modeling (Profile/Capture in your daw)

StratsoundFan

So this is basocaly the same as axe fx tone match, or bias fx amp match, or revalver whatever it's called!? So what is exactly new here?

Cactusprick

"Tone Model" is pretty much a static snapshot of your rig (amp, amp + cab, stomp + amp, stomp + amp + cab) - that's what ToneX does.
"Amp" modelling is a digital reconstruction of an amp (you can tweak bass, mids etc.) - that's what Amplitube modelling does
Yes I understand above but on their product chart are they saying we are getting additional amp models for Amplitube then?

2dor

So this is basocaly the same as axe fx tone match, or bias fx amp match, or revalver whatever it's called!? So what is exactly new here?
I don't think it's just a tone match; that's what Kemper does different - it captures the transient response too (the "feel")

RiF

"Tone Model" is pretty much a static snapshot of your rig (amp, amp + cab, stomp + amp, stomp + amp + cab) - that's what ToneX does.
"Amp" modelling is a digital reconstruction of an amp (you can tweak bass, mids etc.) - that's what Amplitube modelling does
I understood that if TONEX version comes with 20 Amps and 100 Tone Models, they used 20 different real amps (1. Fender Twin, 2. Mesa Rectifier, ..., 20. Dumble) and captured 100 different settings/cabs/mics (=Tone Models) using these 20 amps.

Peter - IK

Vendor
Looks like I'm buying the Capture box, which comes with ToneX SE, which allows me to capture my amps, which is what I'd want. So, win?
Yes that's a winning choice. Let me know when you share your Tone Models, heck once everything is up and running everybody share their info. I'm always prowling on ToneNET for great AmpliTube 5 presets and I'm excited to see what people come up with for TONEX.
That demo of the rectifier sounds very good! I pre-ordered the Tonex. I'm very curios about the tech. I had 75$ in my PayPal account so i sold me the idea that I was just paying half of 149$ ;)
Thank you! And I like your style of math/thinking :)
apologies if this was asked already... but what is the difference between "Tone Models" and "Amps"?
It looks like this was covered, but a Tone Model is a capture of your rig with amps, cabinets, combos and pedals (distortion, overdrive, fuzz, EQ or boost) using regular studio gear in as little as 5 minutes per model.
I don't think it's just a tone match; that's what Kemper does different - it captures the transient response too (the "feel")
Right, TONEX is more than just a tone match / glorified EQ. It will take a little while to process but the end result is worth it.
That dumble will be worth the admission. I hope the guys save enough money on sales here to go buy a used blues jr. HA I will certainly capture mine.
I think so too. I played the actual Dumble itself for a while and it was definitely very very cool. Part 2 of the video we released this morning will have the real amp and Tone Models that you can all listen to. Oh and I have a Blues Jr and LOVE It. I should take some Tone Models from that and share, it sounds great through the stock speaker, a Cannibas Rex, or the Avatar 2x12 with V30s that I have. I also have an old Yamaha solid state that has one of the best cleans and that might be worth capturing too. And my custom "P-Fuzz" pedal and... whatever I can find!

Yes that's a winning choice. Let me know when you share your Tone Models, heck once everything is up and running everybody share their info. I'm always prowling on ToneNET for great AmpliTube 5 presets and I'm excited to see what people come up with for TONEX.
Pretty much every Mesa in production will be captured, from me eventually. I've got access to them all.

fcoberrios

I have a question for Peter, is the Dimebag collection going to be updated on ToneX? Because the current in A5 doesn't sound better than the one in A4 and the A4 doesn't sound very similar to the real deal :(

Question: with the capture thing, if I capture just an amp head and no cab, then plan on using the IR, can I use my IR's, or do I have to use the VIR thing? Example is, I really dig York Audio IR's.

the swede

Question: with the capture thing, if I capture just an amp head and no cab, then plan on using the IR, can I use my IR's, or do I have to use the VIR thing? Example is, I really dig York Audio IR's.
This should be doable just the same as in Overloud TH-U where you can use only the the amp in the rig player, and add any type of stock cab or IR after the rig player. It also can disable the amp and only use the captured cab.
I can’t see why IK would do it differently.

2dor

Doesn't seem like there's an IR slot in ToneX - not as far as I've been able to deduce from the vids so far of the UI or the screenshots on the site ; Amplitube 5 allows for IRs but in one of the paid versions (gave the Custom Shop version a try now)

machinated

do we know if it’s possible to create “merged” Tone Models?

As in, you capture an amp DI, and a mic’d cab at the same time and you can either use them together, or take the cab off for an accurate (properly loaded down) amp?

Pretty sure I’ll buy the cheapest version of this as I’m not particularly interested in trying anyone’s tones. I’d rather use algorithmic modelling for that, where you can fine tune things a bit further. Hopefully the pre-order pricing is the same as intro pricing as I’m not brave enough to gamble without trying it for myself (and making sure it runs properly on my set up).

Looks very promising.

machinated

Amplitube has an IR loader but it’s not very nice for loading (and organising) lots of IR’s. VIR has some good cabs but I never end up using it for just cabs as I find amplitube so clunky to just use one part of it.

In some ways actually, I’d love to see Amplitube broken out into smaller plugins now. It almost reminds me of iTunes where it’s evolved so much from its initial concept and it’s quite dense. Sometimes you want that, but it would be nice to have a pedal plugin, an amp plugin, and a VIR plugin (for instance), so I can combine them with my other plugins without the bloat.

IK’s method so far has been to add lots of things into Amplitube (like compressors/EQ/reverb/complex routing). Some people may like that, but there’s just so much I tend to leave off or just avoid in favour of keeping things simple.

dean701

Alright, I'm in for the SE. This is feeling all too familiar. Has my QC shipped yet? Oh wait, i mean my Tonex yet?

bugzapper

If you check out the list on the AmpliTube TONEX page you'll see familiar amps from our private vault that you'll see in AmpliTube as well. AmpliTube is NOT being replaced by TONEX at all. TONEX is part of the AmpliTube ecosystem and they are most powerful when used together as the technology is very complementary and has tight integration.

Using a TONEX Tone Model inside AmpliTube adds it to the chain of virtual gear inside AmpliTube so you have the best of both worlds
while still staying in a very tightly-integrated ecosystem that is made to work in this way to provide the best possible tone.

That's the way to do it!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom