• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

IKEA Furniture or Death Metal Band?

phil_m

Silver Supporting Member
It's getting into airline food joke territory at this point.

I thought it was pretty darn funny... I only got like 9 out of 20. To me more of the IKEA stuff sounded like band names than vice versa.

GarMan

Silver Supporting Member
I spend entirely too much time at IKEA, and spend too much time listening to extreme metal. I missed one.

that_brianm_guy

Platinum Supporting Member
15/20, and I know almost nothing about black metal, don't speak/read Swedish, and own nothing from Ikea.

Go figure :)

johan

You scored 20 out of 20!

Congrats you are...
True Kvlt.

Either you work at IKEA or you played drums for Bathory, because your knowledge is at the level of dare we say it, the cloven hooved one himself. That’s right, we’re talking about Ingvar Kamprad. We’re almost afraid to ask you to peep out our agency site. But please do, oh dark master.
We bow to you, Your friends at Gatesman+Dave.

Sheherezadeh

Disproportionately, extreme metal bands from Scandinavia and thereabouts are more of the black or symphonic variety, rather than strictly death metal
While we're splitting hairs, the more amusing thing to me even than most of the bands being black metal rather than death metal is that Ikea is a Swedish company, but black metal is predominantly associated with Norway rather than Sweden, which has far more death metal than black metal bands. Of course, the joke plays on most people's surface level knowledge of Scandinavian culture.

JuanK

I actually found "Gruntal" in my basement this week; I must have bought it and never put it up in the kitchen. It was shiny/smooth metal.

Trending Topics