Sold Ilitch Noise Canceling System — P90s — Les Paul

Discussion in 'Everything Else Archive' started by lp144, Dec 7, 2016.

1. lp144

lp144 Supporting Member

$OLD...Thanks Jarold!

No trades, thanks.

Ilitch Cavity Noise Canceling Systems for Les Paul (CVNCS-R2) — Rhombic Shaped Cover.

For P90 Steel screw poles pickups, 7-9Kohm resistance.

The Ilitch Noise Cancelling System was installed with a pair of Gibson P90s, 8.04K and 8.15K, making it possible to play in bars with bad wiring and neon signs. In my experience, there was significant noise reduction.

Also played in those same bars with a Wolfetone Meaner P90, 9.5K, with the Ilitch Noise Cancelling System. Again, a significant noise reduction.

So you guys with P90s wound hotter than 9K, the Ilitch Noise Cancelling System does help keep the noise the noise down.

LP style guitars that have a back control cavity and one or two single coil pickups can be retrofitted with a CVNCS-R2.

Ilitch recommends all single coil pickups be the same polarity, same winding direction. i.e. no RWRP. If the pickups are RWRP, you just won't get the noise cancelling for the middle position.

The CVNCS-R2 replaces the control cavity cover and has been designed to fit the original hole pattern, making it 100% non invasive. Ilitch says designed for P90 or similar style of pickups which read between 7.0K and 9K resistance...and the Ilitch device still reduces noise with hotter pickups.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2016
  2. jtpal25

jtpal25 Member

I had this system in a Les Paul Special. It works really, really, really well. Does not degrade the pickup tone in any way and cuts out almost all of the unwanted 60 cycle hum. I currently have this system in a strat; same experience, excellent noise canceling, beautiful pick up tone! I don't know why more people don't talk about this system.

3. lp144

lp144 Supporting Member