I'll make a deal with y'all:

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by musicofanatic5, Feb 15, 2012.

1. musicofanatic5

musicofanatic5 Supporting Member

I will try to stay outta the threads in which I have no interest (grammys, Heritage/Hamer/G&L/Carvin/et cetera, VH, jesus music, Civil Wars, fake blues stuff); alla that stuff I (according to TGP) "hate", if everyone will agree to make a solid effort to eliminate the use of "Haters Gonna Hate", especially when employed with some dumb photo. Elimination of the use of the term "hate" as a verb altogether might be a great idea. It would force everyone to perhaps dig a little deeper into the dictionary to come up with some alternative terminology; perhaps expanding one's verbal horizons a bit.

I know it will take some effort, but believe me, it will not be easy for me to keep my heathen commentary from the latest "What are the essential pedals for P&W": thread either. Seems a fair trade, with equal sacrifice for all! So whattaya say? Take the musicofanatic challenge! Sign up today, won't you?!!

2. TravisE

TravisE Member

I have little to say other than - I approve of this thread. ;)

It seems that it's not that you're shitting on something. It's just that you're not shitting on the same things that other people are shitting on. You have to redirect your **** if you really want to get along. :D

3. The Last Rebel

The Last Rebel Member

4. iamdavea

iamdavea Silver Supporting Member

Dear Mr. Musico: I've been keeping track. Of your 8,323 posts, 3,285 have contained "hateful" commentary. Looks like you've got a BIG promise to keep there, young fella. Can you do it? I don't know. But I'll be watching. Carefully.

5. jpervin

jpervin Member

This statement is sig-worthy! :D

6. Lightningrt

Lightningrt Member

Don't you just h*** it when that happens!

7. slogger

slogger Member

I hate this idea!

8. hudpucker

hudpucker Supporting Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Seriously, though the OP is indeed a self-admitted serial thread sh*tter...he does have a point. Kinda.

Eliminate the overusage? Sure.

Eliminate the phrase completely? Nope, it's damned apt in far too many situations, I'm afraid.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2012
  9. rob2001

rob2001 Member

I say the terms hate, hater, haters gonna hate, be banned from the planet and you can still inject your heathen commentary whenever you see it's needed.:aok

Actually, the only place that should be allowed is on the justin beeber forum. Those teenage girls need that to defend him.

10. Texsunburst59

Texsunburst59 Member

You just need to keep away from TGP Jon. You have a real douchy attitute. You come across as a grumpy old man who hates everthing. I posted last week about a '74 National Japanese LP Copy I found in a pawnshop which I was pretty proud of . You said you've seen on like this on the wall in one of the clubs you play at, and that's where it belongs. That's just a real **shole statement. If you'd stop going into other peoples threads and post all sorts of negativity, maybe you wouldn't get all the hassles your having with others. I know the real cause of your hatred of the world it that you never really "made it" in the music business,but that's YOUR fault. Don't take it out on others because of your bitterness. I've never ranted on anyone's thread like this, but you've really angered me.Now I've said my peace.

11. StompBoxBlues

StompBoxBlues Member

I couldn't find this particular post, so can't comment on it...but through time, and also now just browsing his posts, I gotta say, I think he shows restraint, (though telling it as he sees it, which I don't see all that much negativity and some things deserve negativity) and a great deal of humor in his posts.

We maybe all can say things wrong, or without thought sometimes, but seriously, I'd much rather be on a forum with thousands like him, than a majority of "why no LOVE for..." and "why all the hate for" threads.

I see genuinely rude folks here a good deal as well, and couldn't find one post (I didn't go that far into it, but) I would call rude.

12. jerrycampbell

jerrycampbell Silver Supporting Member

13. EricPeterson

EricPeterson Member

If you, and others will stay out of threads about subjects that you have no interest in, this "problem" will take care of itself.

14. enocaster

enocaster Member

Let's all be Friends.

[​IMG]

15. dysorexia

dysorexia Senior Member

I wish the haters would stop hating.

16. tapeworm

tapeworm Supporting Member

waiting for leonaro dicaprio to show up in this thread....

but i agree with you...the term hater or hating is one of the most overused terms in our society. i wish those lobbing this word arouns would just say what they mean: "you are saying something that doesnt make me feel warm and fuzzy inside so you are a hater"...or "I dont agree with what you are saying so you are a hater"...

17. StompBoxBlues

StompBoxBlues Member

My problem with it is just that trivialization of words that come along periodically.

"hate" is, and ought to be, a particularly strong word. I hate Nazis, I hate when people hurt children, etc.

I don't "hate" Justin Beiber, etc. etc. Implying that disagreeing, even DISLIKING is anything in the neighborhood of "hate" is moronic. I don't have enough feeling invested in other musicians to HATE the ones I don't particularly care for. So some not-to-bright person then accuses me of "hating" them, when I don't even think much about them.
    I may feel the call to mention it, or even articulate what I am not very bowled over about with them.
    This is not hate. People that call it that, cheapen the word.

Same with love. I love my wife. I don't have "love" for any of the musicians that simple-minded folk seem to want to ask about. I may LIKE some of them, admire them, feel grateful that they are here making music, etc. but "love"...only in the sense of love of fellow human beings.

If you cheapen words like "love" and "hate"...you do a disservice. What's left that is of the correct scale when there really is something or someone to hate, or love?

18. EricPeterson

EricPeterson Member

I agree that it is overused, but I also think it is moronic to go to threads about artists or gear that you dont like and post "that guy sucks" or "that gear sucks" just to log your disapproval. Not sure what to call those people.

19. Lemon Crush

Lemon Crush Member

[​IMG]

20. tapeworm

tapeworm Supporting Member

agree 100%.

agree 100%. i call them critics, because typically critics are only good at one thing or derive pleasure from one thing.