• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

I'll never sell my________pedal.

Jim S

Platinum Supporting Member
Keeley katana - because it's on all the time and is the foundation for my clean sound and hits all ODs harder downstream.
Late to the party but I acquired an OG large version Keeley Katana this week.

It’s adds this extra something special that makes the tone bolder and magnified : analogous to watching a high def 4K television . I loooove the simplicity of it .

C_C_King

Its just a pedal..And there will be always better ones come into market..Why would not i sell or replace any piece of electronics ?

Kennyscrown

The only pedal that I own that I find pretty indispensable is my Vox Dynamic Looper. Probably everything else I own I could find a viable replacement for.
hi there - I saw this pedal on a glitchy/noise pedal thread. Can you give me the skinny on it? What are the quality of the effects; can you use the effects independently of the looper; how does the looper sound etc?

thanks!

skiltrip

Silver Supporting Member
I've learned to never say never. I end up looking back and laughing at myself.

The only pedals I know I'll never sell is ones that have at least some value to me that I know I can't sell for very much. Those are safe. Stuff like my banged up TU-2, my Sovereign v1, and maybe my old CH-1. Those are most certainly never sells, only because I'd get diddly for them and they continue to be useful to me.

p.j.

hi there - I saw this pedal on a glitchy/noise pedal thread. Can you give me the skinny on it? What are the quality of the effects; can you use the effects independently of the looper; how does the looper sound etc?

thanks!

One of the coolest aspects of this looper is that you can change the lengths of loops once they are recorded. The post-effects let you speed up, slow down, granulate etc. It can do some wonderful things.
https://48r18hv56p93dbg741fo98ui-wp...ent/uploads/support/DynamicLooper_OM_EFG1.pdf

Last edited:

Datsyuk

Peace, Love and Coltrane
Silver Supporting Member
SweetSound Ultra Vibe signed by Bob. (Twice, lol...at my request) (Swirly painted one still showing on his old website) Bob became ill, sent me a note of apology (I didn’t know he was ill) and he sadly passed away not much longer after I received the pedal. RIP Bob.

Custom built PTD mini bone. (Back in the glory days when non-US citizens were able to purchase PTD products. I’m not dissing Paul whatsoever, he owes me / us nothing ...just sad for all the right reasons...no more PTD for me :-(

Clinch FX EP-Pre - big fan of Peter and his work.

FX Engineering Mirage RAF Compressor - One of the ultimate compressors for those who don’t like most compressors. More of a tone enhancer that doesn’t clamp down or change the feel of the pick / note attack.

Legendary Tones Time Machine Boost - my first ever introduction to a clean boost via the modem channel. (Which became the Keeley Katana)

Last edited:

the_Chris

It's All Been Done Before
Silver Supporting Member
My pedalboard is "fixed" at this point. I haven't changed it for years and have no desire to.

-Cornish LD-1 buffer
-Maxon AD999 analog delay
-Maxon CS550 analog chorus
-Klon KTR overdrive
-Lee Jackson Mr. Springgy reverb
-Sonic Research ST-200 tuner

steve_rolfeca

Silver Supporting Member
Diamond BCP-1 bass compressor, Barber LTD SR overdrive. Not really a pedal, but my Radial JDI is a keeper too.

I desperately wish I hadn't sold the One That Got Away...

...My first-generation 1980 EHX Deluxe Memory Man. When you ran it in stereo, the modulated and dry sounds weren't electrically combined in the pedal.

So no "swoosh" chorus effect on either output jack. Just a slight warble from the modulation on one side, and the dry guitar signal on the other. The chorus effect actually happened in midair, as the phase-shifted waveform from one side comb-filtered with the dry output from the other.

Absolutely hypnotic through a pair of guitar amps, or even an amp on one side and FOH on the other. At slower rates I felt the modulation as waves, pulling me back and forth from side to side.

I've tried about a gazillion stereo chorus pedals since then, and nothing has matched the original.

Trending Topics