• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

I’m 14 and I don’t have a whole lot of money. What telecaster+amp should I save up for in the $3000-$4000 range?

Soundhog73

You really don’t have to shell out that kind of dough for a great playing tele.You can get a brand new Made in Us(Corona,Ca) tele In the $1500 dollar price range.It will last you forever and be a great sounding instrument.Imho.

Chicago Matt

Seriously,
I've been gigging as a guitar player/singer for over 50 years. I've never spent more than $1,200 for a guitar. I love my 2016 Road Worn Telecaster (Made in Mexico) I bought for $800. It's a great workhorse Tele and plays and sounds great. Try as many Tele and Tele-type guitars as you can, Made in USA, Made in Mexico, Made overseas. Find a Tele you like, get a good setup, and off you go! There are many great Tele's available these days for less than $1,500 and even less than $1,000. Many of the Squiers are great to. I got my CV50s for $300, and have done many gigs with it as well.

You're 14. You can do as much with an inexpensive Tele as with the most expensive one. The important thing is that you get about the business of learning and wearing that thing out.
Good luck to you!

Hamer95USA

I bought this Reverend Eastsider T guitar from someone on this forum for $600 used. I use this guitar at rehearsals & shows. It's only the 2nd Tele style guitar that I've ever owned, but it plays quite well, has a good tone, and has useful features to it. It's made in Korea, but is a high quality build with nice amenities installed. The only mods that I've done to it so far is that I swapped out the stock passive pickups for a set of EMG T pickups & an SPC module in place of the tone control and installed a set of chrome Dunlop strap locks. You might want to give the Reverend Eastsider T guitar some consideration if you're going to buy a Tele style guitar.

Guitar George

Last edited:

3clay

Seriously,
I've been gigging as a guitar player/singer for over 50 years. I've never spent more than $1,200 for a guitar. I love my 2016 Road Worn Telecaster (Made in Mexico) I bought for $800. It's a great workhorse Tele and plays and sounds great. Try as many Tele and Tele-type guitars as you can, Made in USA, Made in Mexico, Made overseas. Find a Tele you like, get a good setup, and off you go! There are many great Tele's available these days for less than $1,500 and even less than $1,000. Many of the Squiers are great to. I got my CV50s for $300, and have done many gigs with it as well.

You're 14. You can do as much with an inexpensive Tele as with the most expensive one. The important thing is that you get about the business of learning and wearing that thing out.
Good luck to you!
I’ve been looking at a road worn purple tele for a while now. Thanks for the help!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom