I'm a Carlos wannabe - new tune inc Backing Track

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by journo, Sep 21, 2005.

1. journo

journo Member

Hi,

If you expect a Santana inspired tune here you will be disappointed. No more c&w either.
    My inspirationg for this track comes from TGP's very own monster player Carlos Eduardo. He posted many takes here that just takes some BTs to another level entirely. So thanks to Carlos for the inspiration! :)

The guitar is a fairly inexpensive Aria FA-71 recorded using a Boss GS-10 straight to computer. The bass is my Squier Jazz Bass also recorded with the GS-10. Drums courtesy of NI Battery 2. Organ is the very nice NI B4. The Rhodes sound comes from the Lounge Lizard 2.

I hope you enjoy this tune.
    No Words

For the jammin´folks here is the BT:
    No Word Backing Track

Comments are welcome. Your versions even more so! :D

Carlos - please post a take if you have the time!

Cheers,

Mats N

2. Vicktory

Vicktory Member

Mats, I just discovered the Member Soundclips section of this board about a week ago and have happily listened to a lot of tracks by a lot of people which have brought big smiles to my face.

Your own soloing over this and other tracks is very tasty to my ears. I really dig your playing!

However, beyond that, you seem to be making a unique contribution to this board with your fantastic backing tracks which are inspiring people to come forward with their own tones/styles/interpretations. Hearing all of the different players bring their own voice to your tracks has been a real joy. Great job!

3. journo

journo Member

Hi Vicktory,

Thank you very much for your kind words. Appreciation is always welcome.

The very point you bring up about other people laying down their guitars over my tracks is really the main reason I continue producing these track. I have learned so much both from listening to the other players as well as from reading their advice on how to improve. Fact is, if I got tired of the Gear Page I would probably stop producing my BTs altogether.

By the way, I see you are located in Paris. I have much time in Paris both working and being a visitor (read: tourist :D). The week me and my wife spent in Paris was probably my best holiday ever!

Cheers,

Mats N

4. Marcello

Marcello Member

Journo is the MAN :D

loved the tune, good job !

5. journo

journo Member

Hi Marcello,

Thanks for listening!

Glad you enjoyed it.

Cheers,

Mats N

6. Weldaar

Weldaar Member

Mats,
    Nice job. I really appreciate all that you have done here. It keeps me motivated. Thanx for posting.

7. Rid

Rid Senior Member

Thanks Mats!
    It was really a pleasent track and playing, I really like your stuff alot, has a good positive vibe to it.

8. myles loud

myles loud Supporting Member

hey journo!
    most excellent!!!
    myles

9. Berlin Chris

Berlin Chris Member

journo, very very nice :)

10. journo

journo Member

Hi,

Jeff, Niels, Myles and Chris - Thank you, thank you, thank you! (Takes a humble bow).

Looking forward to hearing your versions ;)

Cheers,

Mats N

11. myles loud

myles loud Supporting Member

hey journo!!!
    i wish carlos would post up the backing scarlatin from his site, he does a wicked job playing on it. you'de love the backing too!!!!
    myles

12. journo

journo Member

Hi Myles,

Yupp! Carlos has a lot of good stuff on his site.
    I doubt I'd like to post anything though because there is really little that I feel I could contribute that he hasn't already done. :D

Cheers,

Mats N

13. Dave35

Dave35 Member

Another excellent BT and i love your own version too.

Cursed that i am at work and must wait several more hours to dig into this one :D

14. journo

journo Member

Hi Dave,

Glad you liked the BT and I appreciate the comment on my take. Looking foreward to hearing yours.

Cheers,

Mats N

15. Dave35

Dave35 Member

Great fun to play along to. nothing special here, just loaded it up, grabbed the guitar and played wherever the fingers went.

Great BT once again....thanks!

My Words

16. journo

journo Member

Hi Dave,

Thanks for sharing. You play with good intensity. Some of your playing remind me of some Steve Lukather's better moments. Your sound is aikin toward that direction too. Is that the GNX4 going direct?

Cheers,

Mats N

17. CarlosEduardo

CarlosEduardo Member

Thank you Journo, another great BT and playing (very good feel and the tone don´t seem come from an inexpensive guitar ) from you, you should obtain a member special rank because of your valuable contribution. I feel great if my music or play inspired to you and somebody, that make the day to my numb jazz old kat ego, lol, but mainly it makes me to pursue do better what I do and I am every day: guitar play and musician. it is a lot of the inspiration that in turn I receive of all the big talents in this place, including you and your special ability for make all these remarkable BT´s.

Yeah I will try my take, I not promise it to soon, first I must reach off from some urgent job commitments, in the meantime I will enjoy the takes from all contributors.

:dude :dude

Carlos

http://www.carlosarellano.com/music

18. journo

journo Member

Hi Carlos,

That's life, isn't it?
    Family and work obligations first, then play.
    I guess we should consider ourselves lucky to have found music to have fun with in our spare time. It seems like there are a lot of people who actually don't know what to do with their free time. I think that's sad.

Cheers,

Mats N

19. CarlosEduardo

CarlosEduardo Member

right Mats, agree with you, free time is definitely a treasure .

Carlos

20. Dave35

Dave35 Member

Thanks Mats. Ive always enjoyed Lukather's playing along with the others. your BTs seem to often have a very infectious groove to them and it makes it really easy to be inspired and play along.

As for the recording....i loaded the BT into the MP3 section and fired it up....recorded it on it's own track so i could adjust my guitar volume afterwards. Then played it back and jammed along to it. USBed the tracks to my PC and finished it up.

I may have another take of it this weekend because i know ill be playing long to it more.

thanks again for the great stuff.