• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

I'm after a true bypass wah...

Random Hero

I recently sold my Dunlop Crybaby from Hell, mainly due to the bypass. I'm looking for a true bypass wah with a warm, vocal tone, to be mainly used with gain but could also be used in clean scenarios aswell.

I've been checking out the Budda Budwah and the Teese RMC. Can anybody give me any opinions on either of these, or any other recommendations?

Thanks

Btw, I'll be using it with the gear in my sig if that's of any assistance.

crosse79

Silver Supporting Member
Teeese Picture Wah - best wah I've played so far - although I've never played a Budda before.

VoodooBlues

Get a Vox or pretty much any wah and send it to George Blekas at Pedalworx. The mods he does produce awesome vintage wah tones

GaryMcT

Platinum Supporting Member
Buddah Wah good. :)

I wish it had a light on it for whether it's active or not though.

Paul Parrish

Fulltone Clyde deluxe, best wah i've played, but make sure it's a new one with the Trashcan inductor as the older ones are just "nice."

Atdi2000

Fulltone Clyde deluxe, best wah i've played, but make sure it's a new one with the Trashcan inductor as the older ones are just "nice."

whats the difference between the trashcan and the older halo inducters. I have a fulltone halo inductor in my modded v847 and I always thought it was great, but maybe it's time to try a trashcan.

Shark21

Silver Supporting Member
Teese Picture Wah. The best I've tried. I haven't tried the Buddah Wah, but I'm figuring they are both near the top of the heap. The Teese reminds me of early Michael Schenker.

Lucidology

Silver Supporting Member
The Budda Wah is less growly... which is why I really prefer it ...
as I would rather chordal note defination remain in tact ...

Deaj

If you're handy with a soldering iron you should consider the BYOC wah kit. I have one and recently built another for a friend. You'd be hard pressed to find its equal at any price.

Tripower455

FWIW, I modded my V847 myself for TB, and it sounds great....... But I am not a huge Wah guy. I only use it for a few songs.......

A $13 3pdt switch and about 30 minutes with a soldering iron fixed it.

sheedbg

I bought a modded 847 from this guy and I can honestly say it's last wah pedal I will ever own. I naturally liked the VOX wah sound to begin (over the Budda which I considered) but his selection of mods is absolutely killer, and his customer service is through the roof.

www.garmopatmods.com

I got mine with the blue LED, TB, the bass selector switch, added power jack, and the variable control pots for adjustable sweep, high, etc

- Chris

kevmin

The Teese wahs are fantastic and Geoff is a great guy with a ton of knowledge about wahs. You can hear it in his products.

I currently have an Area 51 wah and it is right up there with the Teese picture wah tonally. That is another good choice.

Paul Parrish

whats the difference between the trashcan and the older halo inducters. I have a fulltone halo inductor in my modded v847 and I always thought it was great, but maybe it's time to try a trashcan.
I remember the older Clyde wahs as being a bit hi-fi, more of a tone-filter. The Trashcan MuMetal Inductor is growly, vocal, Mid strong, and dead quiet even with Hi-Gain , hi volume situations. wierd to switch a wah on and not hare that BBBBBBBBBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Trending Topics