I'm all in a muddle: Help me?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by loiking, Feb 3, 2008.

1. loiking

loiking Member

I own a Cort M800, which was my first decent guitar, but i begin to tire with its lack of versitility when it comes to good rock tones. I could sell it for about 700-800 Australian dollars. What should i buy? i'm leaning towards a 335 copy or a les paul copy. Preferably something which could handle warm mellow sounds as well as big lead and a crunchy rock sound.

Whatdya reckon? Tokai? Edwards? I'd be willing to put in 200 bucks or so on top of the sale price of my guitar but no more because ive just shelled out 850 bucks for a Strat and i'm only 16, so money isnt that readily available. I'd really apreciate your help guys

Cheers, Louis.

2. supergenius365

supergenius365 Silver Supporting Member

I sadly don't know the Australian exchange rate, but if possible, I would look for a used USA made Hamer. I just picked one up and cannot believe the quality of the thing (outstanding) vs. how little it cost. :BEER

3. loiking

loiking Member

how many US Dollars is a decent USA Hamer?

4. bilbal

bilbal Member

Hey buddy. If I were you, I would start looking at Ibanez. In all the years I have been playing and more importantly to this thread, buying and selling guitars, one brand has been a constant - Ibanez. I have bought and sold them all...PRS, Fender, Gibson, Modulus, Tokia, etc... I recently got an Ibanez as part of a trade. This guitar, like every other Ibanez I have ever owned is a quality axe. They are built great, have great components, and sound phenomenal. It seems that through the years, I have always had at least one Ibanez at any one time. I think they are completely under-rated by people here, at other such forums, and in the magazines we all read. Look into the Artcore series for that 335 clone thing you are talking about. I have owned a couple of them and they are fantastic. I am not even remotely aware of your countries trade but I know they are of an abundance in the states and easily and readily had.

Good luck. Feel free to contact me at any time if I can be of any assistance. I love talking shop and I am pretty knowledgeable of Ibanez guitars.

b

5. supergenius365

supergenius365 Silver Supporting Member

There was just a gorgeous Gold Top P-90 double cut away style for sale in Chicago for $700 :NUTS. Check out the Hamer Fan Club Forums and ebay. As with anything, do your research. There are American and Korean lines. (Though I have hears that the Korean lines are pretty nice as well.) Resale is not great on Hamers. I picked up a mint $2600 (new) model for $1000 with original hardshell case. I had an FM Special (nice guitar, no frills) for $500. Not everybody is going to sell their Hamer's cheaply, but there are more than a person would reasonably expect.

Good luck. Take your time looking.

Peace,
    J

6. loiking

loiking Member

Thanks for your responses fellas.
    i've tried a few artcores and im afraid they get a thumb down from me, and are not at all up to my Cort.