I'm an Xotic Ho

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by tacorivers, Dec 4, 2005.

1. tacorivers

tacorivers Member

Its official, I'm an Xoitc pedal ho. I have the RC, AC, and BB pedals, and I love them all! All of my remaining overdrive/distortion pedals are on the auction block.

The RC is without peer. The best clean boost that I've heard.

I like the AC Booster with my Rambler. Very transparent mild overdrive that mates well with a scooped-mid Blackface type sound.

The BB is a MONSTER! Incredible with my Route 66 and Fargen Epic. Very Marshal-like with just the perfect top end boost.

2. Rob Eadgbe

Rob Eadgbe Member

I'm two thirds of the way there. I use the RC as a clean boost/tone enhancer, and I use the AC as a post distortion "dirty boost". I suppose it's possible I could replace my Tube King with a BB and be all the way there too.

3. Scott Peterson

Scott Peterson Staff Member

Holds up hand.... me too.

I dig a lot of different pedals, but the RC, AC and BB are always my fallbacks. I can depend on them 100% and often do.

4. YZDanno

YZDanno Member

2/3 Xotic ho here. I second your comments on the RC. I also dig the BB and use it for my lead sound. Haven't tried the AC yet... 'yet' being the foreshadowing word. :)

5. drolling

drolling Member

But what about the Robotalk? What is it? A synth? An envelope filter/auto-wah?

Don't get me wrong, I'm a HUGE fan of the RC - one of my all-time favorite pedals, but I've been hangin here a while and I've never, ever heard a peep about Robo..

6. Unburst

Unburst Member

I'm loving my RC/BB combo too.

7. raz

raz Member

I guess that's where I'm at. The RC and BB are pure dynamite together with my Flexi and have beaten all comers so far, including a couple of real expensive ones (Dual Drive and TMB).

Guess I'm gonna need to try an AC.

8. Cary Chilton

Cary Chilton Senior Member

Can the BB really dial in the AC boost sounds??

9. svanangen

svanangen Member

I'm on my way! Just ordered my first one today - a BB! Can't wait to try it and see what all the fuzz (no pun intended) is about!

10. tacorivers

tacorivers Member

"Can the BB really dial in the AC boost sounds??"

Not for me. I think that I read somewhere that the BB with the gain at 0 sounds like the RC Booster.

To me, the AC and BB are voiced differently.

11. MAZ

MAZ Member

Is anyone else's BB really noisy. Mine is. With all knobs straight up, and NO guitar even plugged in, or the vol on the guitar turned to 0, when it's kicked on, it introduces a BUNCH of noise to the signal.

Now yeah, I know that higher gain pedals will do this but I have others that don't at all...

just wondering if anyone else has noticed this?