I'm buying a kickass pedalboard

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by britishampsrock, Dec 15, 2005.

1. britishampsrock

britishampsrock Member

http://www.tmcases.com/pb-04.htm

thats the one. now, if you guys can talk me out of buying this one for a different one that's cooler in any way you let me know. this is your last chance.

2. rockster12

rockster12 Supporting Member

I think that that is a nice setup that you are considering, however you are paying the bulk of the $ for the roadcase. Which then you have to ask yourself, how many times do you need the roadcase. If the answere were, not that many, then I personally would consider the Trailer Trash boards. If I did need a road case, then I would be more apt to get the Pedaltrain Pro, as I like the design of the board better. I have 2 pedaltrains and I like the Idea of being able to hide the cables. I like the way you can do that with the TrailerTrash as well.

3. olectric

olectric Supporting Member

The PedalTrain Pro is cheaper and bigger. It's also lightweight (under 7lbs) due to the fact that it's made out of an aluminum alloy. You can hide all power supplies (including the VooDoo Labs PPII) and cords underneath. Comes with an ATA flight case that includes a little storage area next to the board. If you need a roadworthy case, the PT Pro is a no brainer.

If you don't need a heavy duty case, I'd go with Trailer Trash.

4. Geetarpicker

Geetarpicker Member

I have one of these:

http://showcasecases.com/OurProducts/StandardCases/PedalBoard.htm

I like the fact that the board is integral with the case, instead having to take the board out. You just set the road case down, lift off the lid and plug in. Also the board can be removed from the base if you want too. I mounted my Pedal power power supply underneath the board which just fits and then allows more pedals up top. Here's a pic of mine set up. Check the web site for pics with the lid on. Scroll over their blue image on their web page to pop up other pics. It comes in difference sizes. I got the 3 panel. The board is slightly tilted and is held in the case with a aluminum lip on the bottom and a little clasp up top. All aluminum and plywood construction, no partical board or plastic. VERY expensive, but pro tour quality.

I will say the TM cases look to be an amazing value. If they are as good as they look, you can't beat that for the $.

[​IMG]

5. Jeff Tanner

Jeff Tanner Member

I have the PB-01 TM Case and like it a lot. I say go for it!

6. rawkguitarist

rawkguitarist Member

Unless you tour or fly a lot with your gear, I think that a case for your pedals is overkill. I've been on tours where all my gear was in a big truck, then I did need it. Especailly when the truck driver forgot to put the parking break on, our truck rolled down a pretty big hill into a ditch... my road cases protected my vintage 50 Watt Marshall Plexi and Matchless.

Now I don't really do those tours but I still gig a lot. My pedal board below goes in a "ROKSAK" mixer bag. It's perfect and fairly light, goes in and out of my trunk 2-3 times per week (sometimes more). Dude, a case is heavy as heck. I'd recommend buying one of the prefab boards and a good gig bag for it. If you have to have the custom pedal board, locate a bag that you like, and build the pedal board to fit it. That's actually what I did.

I would bet that you'd hate the big case in 6 months...:)

[​IMG]

7. ChazMania

ChazMania Silver Supporting Member

+1 for tmcases. I bought the pb-01 last month and I dig it. Mark is a great guy to deal with. I won't be flying much with it, but I like knowing that my expensive pedals are secure when transporting the thing around town.

8. Lefty

Lefty Member

I love the form and function of the Showcase stuff but for me it would cost 520.00 for the one I want...OUCH! :jo

I just sprung for an Angstrom pedalboard case/pedalboard off of Ebay. Same basic idea, but I have a few of my own :)

9. Legend

Legend Member

I have that exact pedal board. It is spectacular. Be prepaired, it is a heavy beast. I mean heavy. Doesn't bother me, but to some I'm sure the wieght could be an issue. It is extremely solid, and the roadcase it flat out tough. I'm about 6'4" 235lbs and I can stand an jump on it, unloaded and unsupported, and it doesnt even flex. Handles and everything are solid.

The adjustable tier is great, it really helped me get my board set up exactly how I needed it. There is enough space for quite a few effects. I currently have on it:
    EB Volume Pedal, Budda BudWah, Fulltone Dejavibe, Moogerfooger Ring Mod w/ 2 expression pedals, Fulltone Fatboost, TS-9, Script Phase90, Boss CE-2, Boss DM-2, Line6 Echopark, Boss RC20XL, a couple true bypass boxes and a pedalpower2. There is still room for quite a bit more. I'm very happy with my pedalboard. I say go for it.

10. Geetarpicker

Geetarpicker Member

I know what you mean about heavy. I just weighed mine. 57lbs as you see it in the pics. That is with x5 18' hookup cords and the AC power cable.

11. olectric

ahhhh....ahhhhPTPROchoo!!!

12. rockon1

rockon1 Member

Im outclassed again! Bought my board at home depot....

13. olectric

Hey man--I just found out my PedalTrain Pro is arriving today. I will take some detailed pics for you and post them here. I just think you get more for your money (actually much LESS in terms of weight). I don't think I mentioned that the ATA case has wheels on this one.

14. Anje

Anje Supporting Member

I would say +1 for TMcases
    I have a PB03, great product, and btw very well found idea to combine 2 small boards in the same case which gives me much more flexibility
    has allready flown over the atlantic without any problem :dude

15. stratofied

stratofied Member