• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

I'm buying a new bass...EB MM or ???

Wolv54

I am a huge fan of the 4 string stingray and I am on the cusp of buying a new bass, but before I just dial up another MM, I wanted to solicit the board and get some opinions on other basses I might be overlooking in the same price range. I have owned jazz basses in the past, but I am not so sure that you're getting your money's worth these days with Fender. I had a bad experience with a Skyline, so I would be cautious about going that route again without playing the bass first.

All in all, I know I would be happy with the Stingray and it has all the tones I ever need.

guitargod0dmw

Do you currently own a Stingray already? I know you said the SR has all the tone you's ever need, but would you like to have some variety as well?

Having a SR along with a P and a J bass, you'd be able to get just about any recorded tone ever. You could also look into the HS and HH models for extra tones if you'd were interested.

I've owned a few SR's and I think they're great.

Thor

Take a look at G&L as well. Good bang for the buck and have some models that cop the Stingray sound quite well. I only have experience with their made in USA line, but I have been impressed by every one I've played. I like MM's too!

Happy Hunting,

Edward

trwigg

Double Platinum Member
Don Grosh J4 or J5, great craftsmanship and a guy who will stand behind his work. Great feel and tone. Can't go wrong.

Wolv54

I bought new Stingray 4 today from a local store. I got the bass with the OHSC all for less than a $1000 brand new. Apparently, the natural color is less expensive and less sought after than some other finishes, but I am not really concerned about the looks as long as I got a good deal on the bass. I think I did.

DanGouge

Have you tried a Sterling? Similar vibe, super-fast neck, series/parallel/single options.

Trending Topics