I'm diggin' the new Ibanez TS930TH

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Pedal Dan, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Pedal Dan

Pedal Dan The Island of Misfit Pedals Gold Supporting Member

Just got it in today, and gotta say " It is a looker". Looks aside, I took a peek at the board, and it has the JRC4558 and a couple of tantalum caps. It also has the buffer that most of the TS clones don't, that all original Tube Screamers have. I tried it out next to my '82 TS9 that also has the 4558 and it sounds and feels very much like the original. It's a good TS and at $139 seems like good deal.

2. vintage66

vintage66 Member

:worthless:clips

First I've heard of it. Where did you get it?

3. capt4inslow

capt4inslow Member

4. groovington

groovington Member

Interesting. If so maybe I should get one myself and see how it compares to my '82 ts9. How is the tone when you let a note sustain? Do the overtones sound as good as the vintage ones? That is the biggest difference that I notice when making the comparison to the reissues. And to me its a huge difference because it becomes about the tone and the feel!

edit: Any chance you can open 'er up and take a picture of the board/chips/resistors and stuff? I'd like to see if the layout is the same, or at least more similar than the reissues.

5. Pedal Dan

Pedal Dan The Island of Misfit Pedals Gold Supporting Member

I only played aroun with it for about a half an hour, but yeah it has that vintage TS tone nailed. I've got pretty much every TS made exept the TS808 reissue and the TS9B. I'll hav'ta run it against my '80 TS-808 tomorrow and see how it stacks up.