I'm done with the incivility on the Amps and Cabs forum

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Geeze, Aug 1, 2020 at 2:53 PM.

1. Daniel Travis

Daniel Travis Supporting Member

This deserves repeating.

2. Senor Forum

Senor Forum Gold Supporting Member

Well, it makes sense, so of course someone would.

3. MickeyJi

MickeyJi Member

As forums on the internet go, TGP is pretty placid and civilized!

4. bluetrane

bluetrane Member

To the OP-- I totally get you. This site used to be pretty great. Now it's dominated by a handful of jerks waiting to pounce on anyone they disagree with using childish insults.
    They aren't interested in answering your questions, they just want to show off in front of the other dumbasses. You call them out and then they turn around and complain about how intolerant you are.
    They post "lol" and "cancel culture" and other dumb things because they are "real men" who pick fights on the internet!
    They call you a whiner when TGP has become an endless series of threads whining about dumb things. Being stupid and rude is the new norm around here and the defense is that other forums are even worse so quit complaining.

54GT, Bob Pollock and SRQGuitar like this.
  5. Senor Forum

Senor Forum Gold Supporting Member

May I interest you in the door, my good sir? :D

6. Danzego

Danzego Member

I’m at a complete loss here. I checked out the thread Geeze complaining about and aside from ONE person going off the deep end over the course of the 15 pages I saw, there was nothing even remotely worth getting in a huff about.

Seriously, did all these supposed comments get deleted or something? I saw nothing outside of one jerk having a meltdown, a couple people make a lighthearted comment trying to be funny, and a whole lot of reasonable discussion.

What’s the problem?

7. drbob1

drbob1 Silver Supporting Member

I had one of those, modded for ice racing. It was very solid and VERY slow (the fast guys at the time were racing turbo Corvairs, it was a while ago). I eventually gave it to my brother and bought a P1800S-that was a lot of fun. If prone to breaking down every few weeks! Now back to your regularly scheduled thread...

8. daacrusher2001

daacrusher2001 Supporting Member

Why did I read this thread...on a Saturday evening...’cuz I can’t go anywhere fun !

John Quinn likes this.
  9. oneblackened

oneblackened Member

I did the same... Don't see the problem.

W88 and John Quinn like this.
  10. DreamTheaterRules

DreamTheaterRules Former Lyricist for Calhoun Tubbs Silver Supporting Member

I read this post before I saw that thread. I haven’t read anything other than the 1st post in this thread, so I don’t know how others have reacted yet. I went to check it out. I’m 11 pages in and still have only seen one bad post. Unless it got bad after that, I don’t know what has upset you so much. You’ve been around long enough to know not to let one buttcrack ruin the party for everyone.

You are a valued contributor here. Don’t let the trolls and grumps win!

Bob Pollock and John Quinn like this.
  11. John Quinn

John Quinn Member

Unfortunately for many of us - this behavior is rampantly becoming the norm. For example I will not log on to Facebook more than once a week - and that's only to see friends and family posts. The level of discourse has become mind boggling, disruptive, and shows a side of people I don't care to engage.

Here on TGP I believe that disruptive snark, and p**s and vinegar is starting to back down - in part thanks to the moderators work over the last year - and in part because I think that I made a concerted effort to not open threads by people I know are trolling or subject matters that are just meant to abuse a point of view.

You might want to take a break for a week or so and do something else - then come back refreshed and distanced from this place - to give yourself a new perspective on what you want and who you don't want to listen too. Just my suggestion for what it's worth.

12. Brutus

Brutus Member

If you can’t tolerate this place, internet forums aren’t your thing. The Gear Page is a patch of daffodils in a prairie full of land mines by comparison.

13. Tootone

Tootone Member

I saw one post in an unrelated thread from a guy who clearly thought he was the embodiment of civility, and a guardian of correct and appropriate response.

In all sincerity, he wanted a "dislike" button added to all posts, and 3 dislikes would automatically get the post deleted.

In all honesty, I read the offending posts and didn't see anything more inflammatory than someone expressing their disagreement and alternative opinion. Opinions which, in turn, I inwardly disagreed with and I felt were born of lack of experience and knowledge. Perhaps even born of a stubborn refusal to research such knowledge. However, I didn't reply to these opinions, satisfied they were misinformed, and as much was apparent from other posts.

What I did find quite frightening though was the suggestion of the "dislike" button and the acceptance of self-appointed communal righteousness. History is strewn with the consequences of such dangerous doctrines and intolerance.

14. big mike

big mike Gold Supporting Member

Hahahahaha

appreciate that.
    Trade you gruden for Tomlin straight up

BobbyRay, Daniel Travis and gigs like this.
  15. big mike

big mike Gold Supporting Member

Personally I think everyone is at a higher baseline stress level right now

16. PaisleyWookie

PaisleyWookie Member

Im trying to think what forum I was on (I don’t think it was even a music related one) where they had an upvote and down vote, and if a post was downvoted enough it would be hidden. Weird. At a certain point it would become a popularity contest, not really merit-driven.

17. Jon Silberman

Jon Silberman 10Q Jerry & Dickey Silver Supporting Member

In my extensive forum experience, the ones who announce their departures don't actually leave. Why? The Grateful Dead provide the answer:

You told me, "Goodbye."
    How was I to know?
    You didn't mean, "Goodbye."
    You meant, "Please don't let me go."

pula58, johnsav, DeadLazy and 2 others like this.
  18. Mattbedrock

Mattbedrock Silver Supporting Member

Geeze-
    I’ve enjoyed your company and input through the years. While I don’t know you, you feel like a friend. If you go, I’ll miss you.

all the best -
    Matt

Bob Pollock likes this.
  19. 850Special

850Special Member

Today, I saw this sign while driving and I’ve been thinking about it all day:

“He who angers you, controls you.”

20. Daniel Travis

Daniel Travis Supporting Member

At least he isn't a steelers fan! :mad:

(seahawks fan)

BobbyRay and In Absentia like this.