• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

I'm getting a Leslie 145!

wichita

I am adding a Leslie 145 to my rig. yes it will be a bitch to move but IMO it is the ultimate Chorus pedal..

Anybody else using a leslie?

gsf

If you can get the original pre-amp footpedal with it, that will make a big difference in terms of that gorgeous transparency. My best friend is Murph Wanca (who is Nashville Pro Hammond), and he had Peter Frampton's leslie rig in when Murph and I shared workspace. It's nice to know he's still using one.

I think you're smart to do this! Way to go. After all, isn't one of the calims of all the uni-vibes and choruses is '''relatively great leslie sim'''

GAT

Platinum Supporting Member
I've used my 122 in my studio through a Trek II pedal. Works great!

zzmoore

We use one, but a couple things to think about. Does the preamp come with it, or are you buying a pre and the corresponding cable with pins? In what condition is the amp in the 145? With ours It was easier to abandon the whole amp, preamp, 9 pin cable scenario, and just convert it to 1/4". We just use it as an effect/extension speaker. Now it can be used with any amp that has a 1/4" connection. No tube amp to repair/retube, no preamp to purchase or carry, no 9-11 pin cable to deal with or convert to/from.
At any rate, that has been our experience. Guitar, vocals, keyboards, there is no pedal that sounds like a Leslie with a bottom drum and a top horn moving real air. Live venue or recording studio, mic'ing becomes very important. But that is part of the enjoyment.
Congratulations and Good Luck

bilbal

Man I dig Leslie tones for guitar. I hope you enjoy it Lance. I would love to hear a clip once you get in going with your rig(s)!!!

I just created a killer Leslie simulation for my rig with my GT-10. Of course it's nothing like what you'll be able to do with the real deal but I'm enjoying it. :)

Have fun,
Bill

Don A

Gold Supporting Member
I have one. It's too big and heavy. I use an H&K Rotosphere and am happy with it.

wichita

You know,
There is not enough weight and maintenance in my life so I am going back to an Echoplex, a Leslie, a Tube reverb an old JEN Tone Bender, a 70's Deluxe Memory man and a couple of newer gain pedals.
I'm looking for a Park 75, and I am having Mojo build me some Park 4-12's.
I figure at 46 I might as well have a little fun right?

So the total rig from front to back would be

COT 50, Wah, Jen Tonebender, Octavia, GAIN pedal, DMM, Echoplex A/b/Y and Lesie Preamp.
The A/B/y will be one of those tiny ones that Bill WEbb builds for EJ.
Two cables go to the backline where one feeds a Park 75 with a 4-12 with ASW KTS 60's and another 4-12 with ASW Alnicos driven by either a 3 Monkeys or a D13.
Then the 145 is on the other side of the A/b. It is serviced, has the highest power all tube amp that Leslie made apparently...
This should be so much fun.
Living dangerously is half the entertainment value. What will break at this gig? Who knows... but the suspense is killing me!!

wichita

I spoke with these guys several years ago at NAMM...

I told them that it would be great to have a Leslie that had a horn that would turn off when the Leslie was bypassed, but whereby the 12" inch speaker would face forward and be uncovered so that you would be able to use the thing for both the rotating and non-rotating sounds.

I had 3 or 4 conversations with them, even bringing Fred from D13 into the mix as we thought why not do a great amp design that was all tube, great speakers, etc so that serious guitarists would want to buy it.

They suddenly quit talking after about a month. Now this. No Fred amp, and solid state power in the powered version.. yuck.

I'm glad that they are offering one without an amp. That makes sense, but I feel that the tube/Solid state amp thing makes it a tonal lame duck as far as the powered unit, the horn does not turn off when you stop the rotor motor, and who knows what sort of speakers are in this beast..

Oh well... I'm getting a 145

todd richman

Oh man-now that rig sounds pretty terrific-hope you release some live stuff with that gear soon. What other gain pedals will you be using with that?

todd richman

Textisterone! Textosterone-typing fingers loosing it huh!! I want that rig-the Park is a sick sounding amp-did you just get it? By any chance did you buy it from Mark Bishop up in New Hampshire?

JohnnyL

I use a Cordovox tone cabinet (Fender Vibratone) that has two speeds. I love it. I have another Leslie in storage I will one day finish and use them together. There is nothing like that "rotational" sound!

Enjoy the Leslie!

John

Trending Topics