• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

I'm getting better.

tomkatzz

I've been playing for two years and I'm still not good, but I can tell I'm getting better. It's really exciting.

On to my next plateau.

russ6100

Gold Supporting Member
Hey - this is a refreshing switch from the usual "Why do I Still Suck?" type of thread.

Good on you man! Keep at it! :D

M

Member 995

I've been playing for two years and I'm still not good, but I can tell I'm getting better. It's really exciting.

On to my next plateau.
Awesome! It is a journey, so enjoy it. I'm on my 18th year and love it more every day.

Daniel-San

It is very nice indeed when you can see and hear yourself getting better every day. I have the same experience loads of times. Something like:"Hey...last week I couldn't play this that fast." Or:"This is easy now..."

Keep at it! ;)

PosterBoy

It always seems when you are practicing you never seem to get better and then you are playing live and catch yourself doing something, and think where did that come from and you realise working on technique and scales etc is paying off

donnyjaguar

I'm my own worst critic and I suspect others suffer the same. Record yourself and listen to it later and you might think, "Shite! This guy rocks!!".

donnyjaguar

That's like the guy in highschool I knew. He sucked on guitar, and I mean it was hard to listen to. He did something really bad like stealing a car and was "grounded" for two months. By the time he got out of "incarceration" he played amazing guitar. He's a millionaire now due to his playing (not his car theft).

You guys should check in, in the "What have you accomplished while practicing?" thread. I enjoy seeing what others are working on.

skip

Silver Supporting Member
i just keep going and i just keep getting more and more comfortable---- the guitar scared the hell out of me when i started---

Austinrocks

find some one to play with, everyday get togethers, really just playing alone does not get you where you want to be, a band if you can swing it is great, really forces you to do develop and playing with help you learn music, which is far more than just a guitar.

bufón

I can't see my improvement every day or every week. Most of the time, i think i'm stuck, but suddenly one day i find myself playing something i was not able to play in the past. Not as often as i wish, but when it happens it's great!

I guess I'm kinda lucky in that I don't play music that calls for a lot of virtuosic traditional technique. Our band plays kinda moody indie rock and the side group that I'm in plays free improv with a poet. So anything I practice on my own is simply to challenge myself to keep growing and learning.

The more I learn the more it seems I know so little. Such is life. :YinYang

Trending Topics