• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

I'm getting weird overtones out of my 335??

stratmaster48

I let my friend hold on to my guitar for "safe keeping" while I was moving. I ended up getting it back 2 months later and it has this weird overtone on the 1st string from the 5th - 12th frets, and on the second string from the 5th - 7th and a little on the 12th. I'm going to change my strings and see if that does anything, but does anybody have an idea about what may have caused this? and how I can fix it?

Reeltarded

Need more info, but it sounds like a slight truss adjustment and a little up tweak on the side that might be low at the bridge.

oldgtarz

Sounds like the neck is a little too straight. Maybe your friend played the guitar and replaced your strings with girlie string (9's)?

Reeltarded

Ok, now this thread has turned into an argument between people who are asking for arthritic hands (.010s/.011s+ + +) and people who aren't insane. (.008s)

:D

oldgtarz

No matter what, your guitar still needs a decent setup when changing string size. And since gibson's come with 10's...

OlAndrew

You can come up needing a setup from a major change in the weather (wood absorbing or losing moisture) or storage conditions. If you don't do your own setups, might be a good time to learn, or take it to a good tech.

Aran

Might check your pickup heights too. Too close and they can do some odd things.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom