I'm idealistic about Les Pauls

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by sorenspete, May 21, 2020.

1. amigo30

amigo30 Supporting Member

I'm with you in this camp.

Do a good detailed in-depth setup on most les pauls, and you'll end up with a good les paul. There's a lot more noise
    about having to get the "good" les paul on TGP than is truly needed in the real world. Most les pauls are "good" les pauls.

2. Buck Woodson

Buck Woodson Supporting Member

I have a 2014 Standard that is one of three guitars I own that vie for #1, depending on amp. The other two are a 1976 3 pickup black beauty and an ES-345. I tried all 3 before I bought. I have many other Les Pauls, love them all for different reasons. They all have different pickups and sound different. 3 are custom shop.

Try as many as you can with the neck you like. I prefer the skinny necks but that's just my own personal preference.

3. ShredSquatch

ShredSquatch Conspiracy Experience Director & Stunt Guitarist Silver Supporting Member

There is something special about the 2005-2008 models... My 08 Traditional is one of the best guitars I've ever played!

~ss

Tommy Biggs likes this.
  4. sorenspete

sorenspete Member

Hey leave me out of this lol.

lcfparty35 likes this.
  5. lcfparty35

lcfparty35 Member

Sorry, I just liked the idea of the tandem bike. I guess I'll hop on looking smug vis a vis this thread.