I'm in love with my Mark Kane Dumble 183 ...

big mike

Gold Supporting Member
So you have EL34s in there if it's a 183?
No.

183 is based off of the web info put out by Quinn after detailing Tag's former dumble #183.

Mark's a great builder, I've played couple of his 'wreck builds (much more my thing).

Your amp sounds like I'd expect it to, while not my bag, it sounds right.
Would expect nothing less from a Kane build.

DiPa

Constant GAS
Gold Supporting Member
No.

183 is based off of the web info put out by Quinn after detailing Tag's former dumble #183.

Mark's a great builder, I've played couple of his 'wreck builds (much more my thing).

Was the Dumble 183 based of EL34s?

So you have EL34s in there if it's a 183?
Yes, 4xEL34
No.

to be precise, the amp that Mark built for me is skyline, high plate, no HRM

big mike

Gold Supporting Member
His criticism at least gave a reason for why he feels that way. I thought his criticism was valuable to the conversation. More so than the usual anti-Dumble BS we so often hear.
opinions vary.
I don't like that kind of tone either for my playing. Doesn't 'feel' right, and I need more aggressive cut and feel out of my amp.
That said, this sounds like it should Weather or not it's my preference.

EL84 Abuser

Silver Supporting Member
His criticism at least gave a reason for why he feels that way. I thought his criticism was valuable to the conversation. More so than the usual anti-Dumble BS we so often hear.

1. Not a fan of that tone for my stuff at all, but it definitely has that Dumble thing in spades.
2. I don't like it. Sounds like a stuffy nose.

#2 sounds pretty anti-Dumble to me. That tone is why most people love them.

BadHiwatt

1. Not a fan of that tone for my stuff at all, but it definitely has that Dumble thing in spades.
2. I don't like it. Sounds like a stuffy nose.

#2 sounds pretty anti-Dumble to me. That tone is why most people love them.
Most anti-Dumble posts don’t bother to ever reference the tone or the amp, but instead just hate on the Dumble persona or image of dumble fans.

RCCola

(|@ / \ @ |.)
Gold Supporting Member
Hard to get a good sense with the master so low.

Mark no doubt makes amps with quality up there with any builder I've tried (albeit with less features than more evolved models)

I've had a Kane (#102), 6 Quinn's, Bludotone, Glaswerks, Two Rock