I'm in love with my Mark Kane Dumble 183 ...

EL84 Abuser

How does Trainwreck and Dumble differ? How are they the same? Always wondered because they both come up in the same conversations. Is it simply price and rareness? Or is it more about tones? I know what a D can sound like. Not sure I've ever heard someone playing a TW - that I was aware of.

RAG7890

Silver Supporting Member
How does Trainwreck and Dumble differ? How are they the same? Always wondered because they both come up in the same conversations. Is it simply price and rareness? Or is it more about tones? I know what a D can sound like. Not sure I've ever heard someone playing a TW - that I was aware of.
Matt playing a Burst owned by one of our Members on MLPF through a TW: -

Another one here: -

http://www.mattoreeband.com/geartorial.php?vid=8

:beer

Bluesful

Supporting Member
Very high level description here:

Trainwreck = AC30 derived.

ODS = cascading gain 'Fender on steroids'.

yfeefy

1. Not a fan of that tone for my stuff at all, but it definitely has that Dumble thing in spades.
2. I don't like it. Sounds like a stuffy nose.

#2 sounds pretty anti-Dumble to me. That tone is why most people love them.
I was expecting:
#3. Send the amp to me, and I'll make sure it's properly disposed of.

Tag

Gold Supporting Member
Thanks for posting this, very timely given Cobra is in the making...
@Tag your comments?
Not even close.
This is how 183 sounds. The new Louis electrics Cobra is a 183 with a few variations.
Shads info was only part correct, and it seems he even disguised things inside his amps other than gooping. This was built by unsoldering and measuring every part inside 3 different Quinns. Simply no comparison. This is around talking levels.

jeff_lebowski

Not even close.
This is how 183 sounds. The new Louis electrics Cobra is a 183 with a few variations.
Shads info was only part correct, and it seems he even disguised things inside his amps other than gooping. This was built by unsoldering and measuring every part inside 3 different Quinns. Simply no comparison. This is around talking levels.

Man, even at talking volumes that sounds amazing and I already know that little bit of harsh treble that you hear disappears when you turn it up.

Also like Louis aesthetic and his logo.

Cool stuff!

That vibrato was tasty!

Tag

Gold Supporting Member

Jollyb

Silver Supporting Member
Incredible sounding amps. Yes I have been to the inner sanctum. Marc is extremely knowledgeable and has a hell of an ear for tone.....great guy .

Trending Topics