I’m interested in the Danelectro 3699 but it ain’t cheap.

Burstbucker

I always looked at the Danelectro line of pedals as competent pedals that were fun and affordable but I’ve since been drawn to their new Fuzzes and Overdrive and Booster pedals, unfortunately the prices are kinda up there.

Not saying that they aren’t worth it but $285.00 + tax (Canadian) for the 3699 Fuzz isn’t pocket change.

Dang I’m going to have to wrestle with that for a while.

s3gle

People say this thing and I think "oh, you mean a PE Experience"

not really cheaper or more easily had... I forget but isn't a French Toast the fast way to get one? The more options concerning octave and switching drives the price up and availability down.

See also LifePedal and that Captain Coconut? giant multi effect... The good ones, octave and fuzz, just aren't cheap but maybe something similar is out there by a different name

Killshakes

There’s something of a glut of new Foxx Tone Machine clones and variants: MXR La Machine / Sub Machine, PE Experience reissue, Dano 3699, Orange Fur Coat, Warm Audio Foxy Tone Box, and SUF Silver Foxx. If the the 3699 is too pricey, you’ve got options! That Sweetwater deal looks good though.

Last edited:

woolyh

I want to try these new Danelectro pedals but they seem a bit overpriced for Chinese made pedals

The MXR Sub Machine is based on the same Tone Machine circuit as the Danelectro and is cheaper.

drbob1

Gold Supporting Member
Yes, a little overpriced, and it looks like that pedal is reliced? The Warm Audio Fuzz (essentially the same except for the mids toggle) is $149 regular price, so with 15% off (which one should be able to find) it'll be $128.

nastynate

The MXR La Machine is a really great sounding Foxx Tone machine clone. The only problem is the you have to bend down to push the octave button. The SUF Silver Foxx looks great; handmade in the USA and $10 less than the regular price of the Danelectro.

Trending Topics