I'm kinda dissapointed that my Mobius can't do 2 effects at once...

SinglecutGuy

Silver Supporting Member
I wonder, how many effects should allow klon for it's price?

If talking serious, each pedal have particular price and functionality. If you think, that it's costs too much, just skip it. I have El Cap and Blue Sky and still like them a lot.

I honestly don't think it costs too much. Maybe I just expected something that was more than what I was paying for. That's totally fine if that feature isn't possible for the price point. I just didn't think it was this big of a deal.

guitar_gazza

Let me first say that I love Strymon. Fantastic company, great products, awesome staff. I love the Timeline and the Mobius as I own both, but I just realized today, I can't have two effects on at once on the Mobius, and that kinda bums me out. I feel like for the price, the build quality, and the options, it should allow me to do at least 2 effects at one time.

Anyone else feel this way? I'm hoping that if/when there is an update for this, that is one of the things they add to it.
Hi, yes I'm in the same situation. but just thinking about it, would it be possible if you put both effects on the same midi channel? haven't tried it yet but that may be worth trying.

Reyybarra

Silver Supporting Member
Mobius is a mainstay for me… but I think the stacked thing keeps you from getting out of hand lol.
If I absolutely needed something else, I’d think twice and maybe just get creative with another something on board. Just my thoughts ‍♂️
I do have a mobius, habit, mood and thermae on my board lol so maybe I do like stacked effects!

Viscerok

I experiment and combine effects all the time with my Synesthesia. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t.
The Mobius would probably need to have 2 channels to accomplish this?

Gmanchefboy

Silver Supporting Member
After a month of going thru reviews of Multi FX pedals, I ended up with a Strymon Zelzah, in large part, for this reason. I feel like I'm getting less but I can use more. Even if I only use one at a time, it's a lot easier to get to the second option.

Edoardo_P

Filter + mod of your choice
Autoswell + mod of your choice
Mod of your choice + quadrature
Whatever + tremolo/rotary

Literally half of the Mobius effects stack well with another mod effect

I dont vibe and phase but its not like no one ever put a vibe after a wah, a chorus after a swell, or nothing at all into a rotary speaker.

Last edited:

Edoardo_P

Filter + mod of your choice
Autoswell + mod of your choice
Mod of your choice + quadrature
Whatever + tremolo/rotary

Literally half of the Mobius effects stack well with another mod effect

I dont vibe and phase but its not like no one ever put a vibe after a filter, a chorus after a swell, or nothing else into a rotary speaker.

To save on DSP and stereo I/O, the Mobius v2 could have an "A" bank of mono effects (filter, swell, shifter, formant) and a "B" bank of stereo effects (chorus, phaser, rotary, flanger, etc) and feature a send/return to stack drives between bank A and B, or put B into an amp's FX loop.

ITT uhhh i dont need more than one effect uuuuh come on people we have all seen your boards

Trending Topics

Top Bottom