I'm looking for new pickups to put in my Strat. Any suggestions?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by dmarkj22, Feb 22, 2012.

1. dmarkj22

dmarkj22 Member

I currently have Lace Sensors but I'm looking for pickups that would give me that classic single coil Strat sound but with a little more output. Of course I'm looking for a set that would be quiet as well. One thing I like about Lace Sensors is that they are dead silent with no hum whatsoever. Any suggestions?

2. Rango

Rango Supporting Member

3. otaypanky

otaypanky Gold Supporting Member

I've had two sets of Klein pickups, an S-1 set and some Epic 56's if I remembered that correctly. Loved both sets. The S-1 set is no longer available but Chris has a very similar set, I don't remember what they are called. I sold the guitar with the S-1's but the other Epic 56 set Strat gets a lot of playtime. Probably my best sounding strat style guitar ever

4. Mangy71

Mangy71 Member

Which Lace Sensors do you have now?

5. west

west Member

Google Bill Lawrence pickups. I have them in several of my Strat's and Tele's.

6. aquietcabin78

aquietcabin78 Member

I have a few tele and strat sets of Heavy Air pickups out of the UK. High Quality, sound great and Dave is a good guy to deal with. Check out the F60's. I don't believe there is a noiseless variant though, more vintage style.

7. guitarfish

guitarfish Member

Fender Hot Noiseless are nice. Quiet, hotter than stock but not overly so.

8. dmarkj22

dmarkj22 Member

Red in the bridge, silver in the middle and blue in the neck. I like the red where it is but the blue in the neck is way too bassy. Don't get me wrong, I like Lace Sensors but I'm looking for a cross between that classic chimey Single Coil Strat sound with a little extra output.