I'm looking for something cheap with a 1/8 jack for voice effects.

SonexReducer

So,

I have this great idea to stream video where I'm going to need to transform my voice into this futuristic, robotic, perhaps delayed effect that's going to boggle minds. So I'm looking for a simple, small, digital multi-effects unit.

The thing is, it needs a 1/8 jack in / out as to keep it simple. And it needs to be cheap. I don't care about the "quality" of the effect really.

Thanks guys and have a nice day:)

dconeill

You won't boggle minds if you limit yourself to cheap kit. You will have a better chance to boggle if you determine the sounds you want to make and then find or make the kit to make those sounds; if you let the equipment dictate what you do then it is unlikely that there will be a boggling result.

In short, start with the sound, not the gear.

And forget about 1/8" jacks.

I have experimented with Zoom G3 for vocals. Around $200 range. But maybe a USED older Guitar FX unit under $100 and maybe some dirt cheap with 1/4" to /18" adapters

Another alternative, since you mentioned Streaming Video ......... VST FX ........ do it on your computer. Lots of FREEEEEE VST out there

SonexReducer

You won't boggle minds if you limit yourself to cheap kit. You will have a better chance to boggle if you determine the sounds you want to make and then find or make the kit to make those sounds; if you let the equipment dictate what you do then it is unlikely that there will be a boggling result.

In short, start with the sound, not the gear.

And forget about 1/8" jacks.
I appreciate your input and you definitely have a point. On the other hand, I've completed countless audio projects including writing and recording fully realized and arranged full length L.P's that came together using cheap (or free) effects, equipment and free recording techniques. They can be, for me, a creative tool that opens up possibilities. Here is an example, good or bad, I don't care, it's fun and I like it.

Trending Topics