i'm not sure what to do...

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by burythemisery, Mar 23, 2008.

1. burythemisery

burythemisery Member

recently, i've been thinking about getting an Orange Tiny Terror because (1)always wanted an orange amp (2)it's affordable (3)and it sounds sooo good!

currently, right now i'm playing out of an OLD Fender Roc Pro 1000 combo. i use effects pedals, alot. and i run them through the effects loop on the back on the amp and i use the amps distortion. one thing i did notice about the tiny terror, is that it doesn't NOT have an effects loop. so i would have to run my guitar > pedalboard > tiny terror. i have a thought that it won't sound good at all (correct me if anyone is running their stuff like this) - because certain pedals do not sound good if theyare put before distortion. here's a picture of my pedal board so there's an idea:

[​IMG]

now i LOVE the distortion sound from the tiny terror and i wanna be able to use it - but i'm confused how i want things to work. i dont wanna have to just useit's clean tone and go out and buy a distortion pedal when tiny's kicks ass. any advice suggestion? please?

2. burythemisery

burythemisery Member

3. 12guitdown

12guitdown Member

Sometimes you just can't have your cake and eat it too.

A. Either get an od to drive the TT, you'll still get the voice of the amp.

B. Get an A/B box and go dual amp. TT for leads, the other for your current setup or...

C. Have a tech install an FX loop on the TT.

I don't know if there's an answer. But there are options.

Good luck.

4. burythemisery

burythemisery Member

THANK YOU - i think B is a good option! :] C might be pricey...think so?

5. this1smyne

this1smyne Member

not too much.... you could do it yourself if your confident enough =) I've run all my effects preamp and never had any issues, though i get all my dirt from pedals and not from the amps drive.

6. burythemisery

burythemisery Member

well...i'm not to savvy with constructing things like that - is it easy...im' sure i could learn it - i've always wanted to do something like that

7. 12guitdown

12guitdown Member

If you're not sure about going in the amp, then it's best to stay out of it. There are lethal voltages in the caps. One mishap, and you're toast.

I see you're in San Antonio. I'm sure there's some good amp techs in your area. Make a few calls, tell them what you want to do and get a couple of estimates. I don't think it'll be more than $100.00-$150.00.

Do a little research on the 18watt, or is it, sewatt.com forum. TT mods are probably a popular topic. You could print off a schematic and bring it to the tech, knowing in advance that the results will be successful due to the research you've already done.

Maybe you can have your cake and eat it too.

8. burythemisery

burythemisery Member

awesome! i found a guy a i called a couple times and left one message - i'll keep trying to get a hold of that person.

9. 12guitdown

12guitdown Member

Cool BTM. Keep us posted.