I'm officially a Timmy owner

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by RDM, Jan 10, 2008.

1. RDM

RDM Senior Member

It's a cool pedal. I can see why it's so hyped. I bought it used...and glad I did. I think I might be a bit underwhelmed had I had to wait 10+ months for it. I was surprised how transparent it really is. The videos on You Tube can be deceiving at times.

Anyway....this is all crap that's been said already. If you're on the fence, and can pick it up used at a good price, do it.

In case anyone is wondering like I was, it pairs up great with the OCD, the DD, LTD and I had a lot of fun boosting my Trifecta fuzz with it.

Oh....and thanks again Mark @ RMC. I love buying stuff from that guy.

2. screamingduck

screamingduck Member

I waited about seven months for mine and yes I did not immediately get knocked out by it due to the incredible hype surrounding this little guy.
    After almost selling it, luckily I took it to rehearsal and played it through my live rig and it really added alot of clarity and zip to my tone. Its a keeper for sure. Be sure to open it up and play with the DIP switches.
    I ended up with one switch up and one down.

3. RDM

RDM Senior Member

Yeah...I think this one is a keeper. I'll give the DIP switches a whirl.

4. recto-robbie

recto-robbie Member

I received mine today in the mail also bought used in mint condition.
    Im somewhat of an OD whore and this fits in real well.
    It does stack very nice with the OCD and my amps gain .

How do you guys like connecting it,, before other OD's or last/behind other OD's????

5. BBQLS1

BBQLS1 Member

Congratulations, I bet you and the Misses are proud.

6. alex_toney

alex_toney Member

Mine is last so that I can either use it as a clean boost or a low gain OD. The beauty of this pedal is in its transparency... I can place my higher gain pedals before it, set them for the sound I want from them, and layer the two and the Timmy doesn't change the basic sound of the previous OD's (though it can if I need it to). Most people go low to high gain with their OD's but the Timmy's transparency makes it work at the end of the OD chain but still as the low gain OD.

7. Grant Ferstat

Grant Ferstat Some guy in obscure bands in a far away place... Silver Supporting Member

The Timmy will work just about anywhere in the chain-super versatile with that awesome EQ, DIP switch arrangement etc.

Add the ability to swap opamps and you're talking a real Swiss Army knife!

8. Aj_rocker

Aj_rocker Member

i like how you can turn the gain right down to 0 and turn the volume way up and have a natural booster (with two band EQ). Then you can have a great what i like to call country rock (push the amp a lil) and then a full out great overdrive sound. also it works best for me some where inbetween lots of gain and a small amount and used with something with a mid hump. thats all be said before i know but still i like it, worth the wait!

thanks to Paul C

AJ

9. doublee

doublee Member

How does it compare to KoT?

10. zensurfer

zensurfer Member

Now you need a TIM!!!

It was the only way I could get an OCD to sound any good at all as well.

Now the SPF Green Line on the other hand (which to me is what an OCD is a copy of, is a much nicer pedal)

11. Laganlad

Laganlad Supporting Member

Timmy is a great little pedal. Probably the most misunderstood pedal mentioned on these forums. $105 is the ultimate bargain, irrespective of wait time.

12. screamingduck

screamingduck Member

+100 ! Man that quote exactly tells the story and the beauty of that little wonder known as the Timmy!!

13. alex_toney

alex_toney Member

Thanks! :AOK

It is definitely my favourite pedal... even more so since I recently found out that the Tim and Timmy get their names from Monty Python and the Holy Grail!!!

14. RDM

RDM Senior Member

They're 2 completly different pedals, IMO

15. giggedy

giggedy Member

KOT and Tim are very different, and they sound amazing together. The KOT is more of a ts style, but incredibly dynamic, not as much of a mid hump, less compressed. Tim is "transparent" as I assume the definition would be. The EQ on the Tim is really good, and seems to make everything sound better.