I'm one of y'all now! What can you tell me about the TIM?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Pott, Sep 8, 2008.

1. Pott

Pott Member

Until today I had resisted the temptation of hugely priced 'boutique' stuff... I'm playing through low/mid range valve amps, in my bedroom, but I have LOADS of pedals... A month ago I got a Subdecay Blackstar very cheap, so it was good.
    Then a week after I got a Stupid Box, and shipped to the UK it was roughly 200 bucks. I felt guilty about it! Heck I'm not even using it and it's for sale.

And today I was so excited about having spare cash that I just bought a Tim in the UK... For 170 pounds...which is over 300 bucks. Took me a while to realize what I'd done :p So I'm selling an amp, a guitar and a pedal to cover the cost hahah :jo But it seems like a keeper and who knows, may replace one OD or two... heck I hope!

So there. The amp I'm selling will actually go for CHEAPER than the darn pedal :p

Guess I'm really part of the clan now!

And just to make this thread worth posting: What can you tell me about the TIM? My two low gain drives right now are a Bad Monkey set for dirty boost and a Mi Audio Blues Pro set for a lightish OD into clean amp. Both stack amazingly well with other pedals too, e.g the Blues Pro + Crunchbox combo.
    And yes, I'll get it in two days and probably figure it out then but ah well...

2. Guinness Lad

Guinness Lad Silver Supporting Member

You will be auctioning both in short order if your hearing is working properly. The TIM is near the top of the heap in regards to overdrive pedals, search - (TIM*), you should find threads and threads about it.

3. Pott

Pott Member

Hehe that's good... I do LOVE that Blues pro. Maybe it's time for a second pedalboard..?

4. m@2

m@2 Member

my biggest "tip" i guess would be to really dial in the treble and bass, you can get an incredible range with those two knobs, beyond just dialing in the gain knobs. I ALMOST sold my tim, but am glad I took the time to dial in (well, acutally dial OUT) the treble, and now I really dig the pedal. Reminds me of the "filter" knob on a RAT.Great for taking out any shrill or ice-pick highs.

5. mc2

mc2 Member

Great observation. I'd love a Tim!

6. Pott

Pott Member

I'm actually slightly freaking out right now... How the hell can I justify nearly 400 bucks on a pedal :s And yet I can't wait for it :D

7. Passenger84

Passenger84 Member

The Tim changed my life.

(Not really.....but close)

8. tambokgt

tambokgt Member

What is the price of the Tim when you direct order it from Paul C?

9. Passenger84

Passenger84 Member

$159 I think? Plus shipping. Maybe $169, I can't remember.

10. TenneyThe2nd

TenneyThe2nd Member

155 shipped unless his price went up since I ordered mine in March. I should be getting it soon... anyone want to buy a TS9 and an NS2 for 155.00? :dude

11. mc2

mc2 Member

So, I've tried to call, the number, but only get a generic voicemail greeting. Is leaving my info good enough or is it best to speak to someone?

12. Pott

Pott Member

Should get it tomorrow... Between that indors RC Helicopter I got today and the TIM, I doubt I'll leave the flat!

I use a Carl Martin HotDrive and Boost right now as a main od/boost 2in1, and I can't get rid of it as it has a GREAT buffer, not to mention an amazing OD voice. So I think the TIM will head instead of the BM/Blues Pro... so it'll be compressor/TIM/Power Grid/Crunchbox/Danecho/HotDrive and Boost/Muff/Tremolo/Tuner/ and in front of one of my amps the Plexitone and ACTone...

... why am I even thinking about this before getting it? :s

13. DamianL

DamianL Member

Its tough getting the good stuff here in Scotland, that's for sure...

I bought my Bogner Duende new last year and it literally breaks my heart to see what they go for in the emporium here!!!

I've bought several pedals from people here in the forum and its worked well each time...best way to buy if you ask me. :BOUNCE

Damian

14. Pott

Pott Member

Aye. I only just contributed for a year, pretty much so I could use the emporium. There are some great dealers like PGS who ship up here though, it makes for some good deals!

15. frizbplaya

frizbplaya Member

You can always sell the TIM for what you just paid, give Paul a call, and pay $135 in two months when your at the top of the list. Or call paul now and sell your old Tim when the new one comes.

-Says that guy who's been patiently waiting since May for his own TIM ;)

16. Pott

Pott Member

Very very true. We'll see just how much I like it.

To be honest I'm thinking about keeping the Blues Pro regardless. But I could see the Tim replacing the Bad Monkey. But that much money and real estate to replace a 30 pounds pedal... I'll need to think of something else to unload.

17. theHoss

theHoss Member

I dig the BP, but for me right now I am using the TIM as my primary rhythm pedal. Actually, I use the non-boosted side with very minimal gain instead of playing clean. Just to add a little hair to the chords. If I need a bit more gain I kick on the boost.

Hope you like it as much as I do.

What kind of guitar are you using?

18. TheLemon

TheLemon Senior Member

I just got my Tim in the mail today.

Its amazing.

19. guitarpkr67

guitarpkr67 Supporting Member

20. Pott

Pott Member

Right now I play only a Les Paul. I'm a Strat man but I did a provisional trade with a buddy of mine, I got his Tokai LS75 and he got my modded Highway 1. Raised the strings a bit, added treble bleed caps to his LP at his request and since I started playing it, I haven't touched any of my Charvels nor ever turned my compressor on :D

So basically, I don't really use single coils. I'm primarily a Blues player but I also play A LOT of metal (up to brewtalz), Punk, Ska, even some chicken picking.

All this through a Laney AOR30 combo with Cannabis Rex.