• Supporting Membership Changes

The Supporting Memberships are currently being updated moving forward.

In order to coordinate giveaway drawings to the Supporting Members there will be a new alignment in the naming of the tiers. (Note: Non-Supporting (Basic) and Monthly Supporting Members can get into the drawings by mailing a postcard. Details on that will follow with a giveaway starting soon).

The pricing for each Supporting Membership level remains the same though the naming of them will change. The privileges remain the same as current but with the new name. If you are a current Supporting Member, you will be upgraded automatically for the existing term of your Supporting Membership. We are introducing a new tier with new perks.

Table here

Supporting Membership Guide

• Monthly Supporting Members will remain Supporting Members
    • Current annual Supporting Members will now be Silver Supporting Members. Perks and permissions remain the same
    • Current Silver Supporting Members will now be Gold Supporting Members
    • Current Gold Supporting Members will now be Platinum Supporting Members
    • A new level will be created - Double Platinum Supporting Members

All memberships will now have the option to remain as non-recurring memberships or choose reccuring memberships moving forward. *Note: current memberships will NOT be changed to recurring memberships.

I'm over tuners taking up space on my board

musicman1

I just got a pair of these D'addario clip ons and i have to say - they are tiny
Here's are some photos - one on a Fender headstock and the other on a Gibson for ref.

View attachment 272824
View attachment 272826

No idea how they will perform in a live setting, but i'm building my next mini board w/ no tuner, and will see how it goes.
i bought the 2 for 20.00 pack of these a few years ago. They work ok and are decently accurate. Ive used them for rehearsal wo problem but dont know about a gig. They sometimes fall off the headstocks. I need to be able to mute in between songs when i tune on a gig so i dont think a headstock tuner is practical but ymmv.

middy

i bought the 2 for 20.00 pack of these a few years ago. They work ok and are decently accurate. Ive used them for rehearsal wo problem but dont know about a gig. They sometimes fall off the headstocks. I need to be able to mute in between songs when i tune on a gig so i dont think a headstock tuner is practical but ymmv.
Why not just turn down the volume knob on your guitar?

musicman1

Why not just turn down the volume knob on your guitar?
i dont think the headstock tuner would be effective or work at all with the volume off in a noisy gig environment. Or does it? Ive never tried it as i use the tuner built into my multi efx board on a gig.

middy

Do you guys even know how headstock tuners work? I’ve seen a bunch of posts about needing silent tuning and ambient noise.
Headstock tuners detect the vibration of the strings through the neck and headstock. They don’t have microphones in them.
:bkw

Z Tone

I use a headstock tuner when I’m restringing but playing live I'm use my Sonic Research st-300 mini pedal tuner. It doesn’t take up much room on my board. Headstock tuners seem flimsy to me plus battery life not that great.

HiddenAgenda

Supporting Member
Rowdy club^^ :dude looks like a pit is about to erupt.

Seriously tho @middy good point, but I think most people know that clip tuners work off vibrations through the guitar.
Which leaves me puzzled, can external noise if loud enough add or interfere with this?? Now I want to know why I'm always hearing worthless at the club!

Maybe some of the giging guitarist.. can do a quick compare and let us know.. um next year?
:hide

halcyon

Supporting Member
I have a Peterson clip-on strobe tuner that left a bunch of permanent indentations in the finish on the headstock of my $6.5k R9. So... there’s that. **** clip-on tuners.

Unchained81

I'd never take the tuner off the board. Love the mute function and big display. Headstock tuners look terrible.

middy

I have a Peterson clip-on strobe tuner that left a bunch of permanent indentations in the finish on the headstock of my $6.5k R9. So... there’s that. **** clip-on tuners.
You need to be careful with nitro finishes...

rhinocaster

Supporting Member
I've tried the headstock tuners and they simply don't work well enough for me.

I have a Turbo Tuner on my board and bought the iStroboSoft for my phone and they get me where I need to be.

Reyybarra

Supporting Member
I did that for a year
Until I got on a massively loud stage and couldn’t tune... jumped off stage to see if it helped and same thing, tuner couldn’t read cause of vibrations of subs