I'm posting my weekend cigar box guitar build in (almost) live time on Instagram...

Discussion in 'Acoustic Instruments' started by CyberFerret, Apr 24, 2016.

1. CyberFerret

CyberFerret Member

It's the ANZAC long weekend here in Oz, and I thought I would tackle a quick and easy project that has always been in the back of my mind - building a simple cigar box guitar out of stuff I have lying around my house or in my spares bin.

I am posting pics on Instagram a few minutes or hours after I complete each step. Bear in mind that I have no plans, and some crappy tools (and some slightly less crappy tools) at my disposal, so I am kind of winging it a bit.

Feel free to follow along and either laugh at my failure, or raise a glass to any sort of success that I might come across...

Instagram feed is: https://www.instagram.com/devans/ (Note: You don't need to have an Instagram account - you can open up the feed in a web browser and look at pics.)

2. CyberFerret

CyberFerret Member

...aaaaaand, it is completed. Thanks to everyone who followed along on the build steps (and mis-steps!)... It was a ton of fun, and a great family project! I've now posted the progress pics on my blog too...

[​IMG]

Tuberoast likes this.