I'm speechless

simonm

I'm grouchy and off work sick today - can you please all refrain from using the phrase "bang for the buck" for the next 8 hours? Thanks. I suggest the use of the alternative phrase "very good value" instead.

stormin1155

Silver Supporting Member
Come on! Let's not go cheap here! If I'm going to shell out that kind of scratch for a guitar, I want to be able to brag that I spent $100 grand, not $99,999.99 for crying out loud!

DRS

Richard Gere auctioned of an original 58 Korina Flying V for $74,500. Why would anyone pay $100K for a 67?

Deed_Poll

Yeah it would have to be a black one in mint condition to go for that.

Really surprised at the pics after reading the description - body is in poor condition, pickguard is cracked, nibbled around the headstock. Worth about $35000 tops.

drbob1

Gold Supporting Member
In the text he says originals are going for $600k, which is off by a factor of 3 at least. And his guitar is FAR from uncirculated. I don't know the market for these, but I know it isn't $100k! My guess would be that $15-20k would buy it in most stores… Probably just grabbed the price for the publicity and the eventual sale will be offline.

gitapik

Platinum Supporting Member
Hmmmm…if I "Buy It Now", I'll lose the risk of having to pay more in a bidding war.

:munch

There are 26 people "watching" the item…

:confused:

Oh, man…that's one sweet guitar…

:worried

I…I…I….

:nono

Oh….ok.

Trending Topics