1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

I'm thinking about a new guitar

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by pbmw, May 16, 2011.

1. pbmw

pbmw Member

I've been looking at Les Pauls.
    Just can't bring myelf to pay what Gibson wants for one, so I've been thinking about an Agile AL-3100
    Seems like a really nice guitar for the money.
    But I've never bought a guitar online before.
    So...I know they get really nice reviews. In fact, I haven't really heard anyone say anything "Bad" about them. But I'm curious about how they come as far as setup.
    I've done neck adjustments on my guitars for years and know how to cure the odd buzz and rattle, but I'm curious about how these come out of the box.

Anyone want to lend their experience here?

I'm mostly a blues and older rock player. Play through a JTM45 and 212. I dont' gig but I do play with friends in the garage...

2. dspellman

dspellman Senior Member

setup - mostly good.

You should budget the bucks for a really good initial setup for *any* new guitar as part of the "new guitar" process. If it needs nothing, put the money in the beer fund. I have two AL-type Agiles, but both have had PLEK setups.

3. xtian

xtian Member

Love my 3100 gold top P90. Will probably buy a 3200 next.