1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

I'm thinking about ordering two Timmys

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Rob Eadgbe, Jan 30, 2006.

1. Rob Eadgbe

Rob Eadgbe Member

I'm currently trying out a fellow Gear Pager's Timmy, and yes, it is everything everybody says it is. I was almost afraid to try it as a post overdrive boost because I knew then I'd probably have to have say goodbye to my beloved AC Booster. Sure enough, I'll probably use one as a med. gain overdrive, and another as a dirty boost. Now all I'm afraid of is messing with the switches and finding out I have to buy a third one to replace my Burn Unit as well.

2. Entztrix

Entztrix Member

if u get 2 can i have one

3. erksin

erksin Member

I had an AC and a Timmy at the same time and for me it was no contest - Timmy by a mile...

4. dbx

dbx Member

Were you thinking about stacking them or having the second as a hedge against inflation? ;)

On the stacking point, I asked PaulC about this and he actually recommended something along the style of a Zendrive to stack into Timmy... :cool:

5. Grant Ferstat

Grant Ferstat Some guy in obscure bands in a far away place... Silver Supporting Member

If you want two of Paul's pedals I'd try to get a Timmy and a TIM if I you can. While they're the same family, talking to Paul on the weekend he was saying there is just a bit of tonal/gain variation that comes from having different value pots. I'm actually planning to stack a TIM with a Honey Bee eventually which I think will be a wonderful combo.

Still, two Timmys is cool. Love my Timmy! Cuddle Timmy at night...come here Timmy, good Timmy....stroke, stroke....

6. Rob Eadgbe

Rob Eadgbe Member

That is a good point. The Timmy does sound better behind my Burn Unit rather than being used as a stand alone. Having said that, it's just so tweakable that I can totally see using it for Keef type tones.

7. exodus

exodus Member

BTW-- what is the current price and wait time for a TIM (not a timmy)?

8. drolling

drolling Member

If I had had the luxury of trying a Timmy before buying (I never get to hear anything first up here) I'd have definitey gone for two. Those dip switches alone are enough of a reason to own a couple.

I waited 3 months for mine, and after playing w/it for a day or two, I was back on the phone placing an order for another Timmy and a Tim as well.

I could easily see using all three on the same board!

9. Rob Eadgbe

Rob Eadgbe Member

I was extremely lucky to get the opportunity. In fact, while I'm pretty sure the actual owner knows I have it, it was leant to a mutual friend we know from HC.

10. drolling

drolling Member

Nice guy! I've got a few pedals that I wouldn't miss, but Timmy's part of *my sound* now. I use it every time I pick up a guitar..

11. ToneRanger

ToneRanger Member

I really hope I get my Timmy in February. I ordered mid/late November so I guess it's getting closer... It really would be nice to get to test it after reading thousand of praises!

12. Grant Ferstat

Grant Ferstat Some guy in obscure bands in a far away place... Silver Supporting Member

My TIM will be with me in Feb. I'll be really interested to compare it to my Timmy gain structure/tone wise.