I'm thinking about ordering two Timmys

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Rob Eadgbe, Jan 30, 2006.

1. Rob Eadgbe

Rob Eadgbe Member

I'm currently trying out a fellow Gear Pager's Timmy, and yes, it is everything everybody says it is. I was almost afraid to try it as a post overdrive boost because I knew then I'd probably have to have say goodbye to my beloved AC Booster. Sure enough, I'll probably use one as a med. gain overdrive, and another as a dirty boost. Now all I'm afraid of is messing with the switches and finding out I have to buy a third one to replace my Burn Unit as well.

2. Entztrix

Entztrix Member

if u get 2 can i have one

3. erksin

erksin Member

I had an AC and a Timmy at the same time and for me it was no contest - Timmy by a mile...

4. dbx

dbx Member

Were you thinking about stacking them or having the second as a hedge against inflation? ;)

On the stacking point, I asked PaulC about this and he actually recommended something along the style of a Zendrive to stack into Timmy... :cool:

5. Grant Ferstat

Grant Ferstat Some guy in obscure bands in a far away place... Silver Supporting Member

If you want two of Paul's pedals I'd try to get a Timmy and a TIM if I you can. While they're the same family, talking to Paul on the weekend he was saying there is just a bit of tonal/gain variation that comes from having different value pots. I'm actually planning to stack a TIM with a Honey Bee eventually which I think will be a wonderful combo.

Still, two Timmys is cool. Love my Timmy! Cuddle Timmy at night...come here Timmy, good Timmy....stroke, stroke....

6. Rob Eadgbe

Rob Eadgbe Member

That is a good point. The Timmy does sound better behind my Burn Unit rather than being used as a stand alone. Having said that, it's just so tweakable that I can totally see using it for Keef type tones.

7. exodus

exodus Member

BTW-- what is the current price and wait time for a TIM (not a timmy)?

8. drolling

drolling Member

If I had had the luxury of trying a Timmy before buying (I never get to hear anything first up here) I'd have definitey gone for two. Those dip switches alone are enough of a reason to own a couple.

I waited 3 months for mine, and after playing w/it for a day or two, I was back on the phone placing an order for another Timmy and a Tim as well.

I could easily see using all three on the same board!

9. Rob Eadgbe

Rob Eadgbe Member

I was extremely lucky to get the opportunity. In fact, while I'm pretty sure the actual owner knows I have it, it was leant to a mutual friend we know from HC.

10. drolling

drolling Member

Nice guy! I've got a few pedals that I wouldn't miss, but Timmy's part of *my sound* now. I use it every time I pick up a guitar..

11. ToneRanger

ToneRanger Member

I really hope I get my Timmy in February. I ordered mid/late November so I guess it's getting closer... It really would be nice to get to test it after reading thousand of praises!

12. Grant Ferstat

Grant Ferstat Some guy in obscure bands in a far away place... Silver Supporting Member

My TIM will be with me in Feb. I'll be really interested to compare it to my Timmy gain structure/tone wise.