I'm this month's Perez Hilton Cover Video WINNER...

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by Veritas, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Veritas

Veritas Silver Supporting Member

...Or at least the band I'm in is...haha. This morning we were announced as this month's winner. We completely re-recorded this tune and then shot a video for it. Last month's winner wound up on "The Ellen Show" and landed a record deal. We used to be on one of the big labels, so I'm not sure we'll be rushing out the door for that just yet...however, it's very rad to win this month.

A quick note...there isn't any guitar on this, but the original song is amazing, so it made it easy to do a remix version of it. We're a synth-pop-rock band, and for these videos we've largely just been programming pop versions of other artist's more organic material. It's been fun, and we're improving immensely in both programming, and in video editing.

We've been doing a cover video a week for the last month. Our former management saw this one when we put it up, and immediately emailed us to tell us that Perez Hilton was doing this contest. So we entered it...and won.

Here's the video: Below it is the other cover videos we've done. Fun times. We've enjoyed doing this immensely.

2. teleking36

teleking36 Member

Wow! I saw that earlier due to a musician friend of mine also being featured on Perez's site (Alicia Lemke doing the same cover). Congrats guys!

3. Veritas

Thanks! Alicia's cover was awesome!! Seriously...tell her we are big fans of her video/cover.

4. pb641

pb641 Member

really nice!

5. Pax

Pax Gold Supporting Member

6. DGTCrazy

DGTCrazy Moderator de Emporio Staff Member

Really nice job!

7. Veritas

Thanks guys. I appreciate it. It was fun to make these.

8. Snowdog

Snowdog Member

Awesome - and, btw, your "Satellites & Sirens - Come On" video was pretty damn funny - good job!