Imgur Question

Discussion in '"How To" Tips for the new Software' started by Rotten, Oct 28, 2017.

1. Rotten

Rotten Silver Supporting Member

I tried to add media to my album, but it states that my pics are too large for the server to process.

So, I downloaded Imgur and uploaded a few pics to that. Now I can't find the place in Imgur that allows me to cut and paste pics.

Can anyone help?

2. Yamaha 1421

Yamaha 1421 Supporting Member

Left click on the photo you want from the photos on your Imgur account page then go down to the selections provided. Then left click on the selection marked BBCODE ["For forums and message boards" then go to the forum you want to post the photo on and right click into the thread/post you want the photo/picture to appear on.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2017
  3. Campfired

Campfired Gold Supporting Member

Within Imgur, on the thumbnail pic of your photos, there is an option for both edit, and trash. Select Edit (the pencil), then 'Advanced.' You may need to unlock the pixel size of your image before proceeding, but you'll be able to work with the image from there.

Best wishes...

Then, when you've finished editing, select the image in your album by simply locating the down arrow to the upper right hand corner of the image, select "Get Share Links," selecting BBCode, there will be a URL that you can use to upload to third party websites such as TGP.

Just simply copy and paste to TGP, not using the image post feature from TGP.

For example:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
  4. eclecticsynergy

eclecticsynergy Member

That's the trick- after clicking the button to copy a BB code at Imgur, you post the code directly into the text part of your post, NOT using the TGP image button.

Also, on Imgur there are options to choose BB code for various size versions of the image, ranging from full (original) size down to several different thumbnail sizes.