Important Announcement: TGP and ads

Discussion in 'Interactive Administrator Threads' started by Brian Scherzer, Nov 22, 2013.

1. rednoise

rednoise Member

I just now got another pop up ad, probably links to a malware web site. Can't you do something about this??? It's not only annoying, it's probably dangerous. I participate in several web forums and TGP is the only one where this happens to me.

[​IMG]

FOTM704 and JTH20 like this.
  2. itstooloudMike

itstooloudMike Member

I've been on this forum for years, and have always enjoyed it. But the ads and popups are now making the site load so slowly, it has become very frustrating. I thought it was some "temporary" problem, that would get resolved. But I have not seen improvement over the past few months. I don't mind the ads, but I do hate that some of them take way too long to load, and make it difficult to move around the forum efficiently. I participate in several other forums (Mandolin Café, Miata.net, TDPRI, etc) which do not have these issues. With reluctance, I will probably spend less time on TGP from now on.

3. Jeff Gehring

Jeff Gehring Silver Supporting Member

Adblock Plus, and this:

Silver Membership $25 per year
    Upgrade to Silver Supporting Membership for one year

Silver Supporting Members get
    • no banner ads
    • 75MB of storage in the Media Gallery
    • the ability to start threads in the emporium areas (up to 6 active ads per section)
    • a Private Message box capacity of 200 PMs
    • the ability to customize your title from "Silver Supporting Member"

4. shizzaq

shizzaq Supporting Member

Like Jeff said or go even cheaper like me. I think I pay 12 bucks a year and get no ads. I wish it made economic sense for Brian to just to kill the ads and require everyone to pay a fee to use the GP. That might cut down on some of the craziness too as an added bonus.