Impossible Search: SG Jrs...Sg-X

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Pale Rider, Jun 5, 2008.

1. Pale Rider

Pale Rider Supporting Member

I've always wanted an SG Jr. (early Bill Frisell worship) and have thought about maybe getting an SG-X-though I do tend to favor the middle or neck pickup.......
    Did they ever reissue the SG Jr. and are the SG-X pretty good anyway?
    Any other options?
    Thanks

(The impossible search part is due to the fact that SG is too short for the search function)

Last edited: Jun 5, 2008
  2. pacomc79

pacomc79 Member

I've played an SG-X and loved it. It's very simple maybe not up to the original juniors quality per say but the concept was sound. Single Hum SG. It's not glamorous, very bare bones, but fun to play and simple. I think if you like SG's and use the Bridge Pup a lot you'll like it.

3. sears

sears Member

The SG-X is a badass guitar. It has the more modern bridge and a coil tap on the hum. Beautiful neck. I helped a friend pick one out when they were new and every time I try it out I secretly hope he'll quit guitar and sell it to me.

4. Pale Rider

Anyone have any luck with an SG 90?

5. Whiskeyrebel

Whiskeyrebel Member

Is the SG-X the same as the SG All American 1? If that is the case, it is a real nice guitar. Our bass player or his brother has one. I wanted one when they came out but GC had a limited run of them and I missed the boat.

Man, you know what would be a great match for that I bet is the new Duncan pickup with one blade coil and one P90 coil.

6. Pale Rider