Impressed with Marshall JVM

cg

Gold Supporting Member
Checked one out at the local guitar center. I used a Nocaster and pretty much stayed on one channel, dialed the gain in at 11:00 or so and used the volume knob on the guitar to go from clean to scream. I was very impressed with range of tones I was getting. This particular amp and guitar combo worked really well together.
(side note - Nocasters are indeed very special guitars.)

The boutique market has been amazing for years. I am realy impressed with the stuff coming out of the non-boutique shops. My 62 Hot Rod Strat is amazing. IMO the JVM is the best master volume amp to come out of Marshall in a long, long time.

Cool amp!

straticus

I tried one just last night. It was a combo. Not sure what the speaker config was but it sounded great. Not thin like so much of the recent Marshall stuff. Had a nice feel too.
Things I look for in an amp are nice cleans and "in-between" tones. The JVM had both. I didn't get around to checking out the reverb.

Seemed like a nice amp. But there sure are a lot of knobs!

Drew68

Silver Supporting Member
Over on one of the Marshall forums there's speculation that the JVMs are replacing the JCM2000 series as the new JVMs are more cost effective to produce.

Jay Strange

Silver Supporting Member
Marshall has a two channel version now with three modes per channel.
I wonder if this amp will sound better due to less circuitry?

The Pup

No Complexity Without Value
Silver Supporting Member
One of my all-time favs (out of my 27 amps...as of today):

I dropped my head onto the floor (a six foot drop) and tore the front fabric...so I changed out the head shell to better match my favorite JVM friendly cab (1960BHW with Heritage G12H-30 speakers).

vinney57

Marshall has a two channel version now with three modes per channel.
I wonder if this amp will sound better due to less circuitry?
Huh? The individual channels have the same amount of circuitry. You are getting a selection of 6 channel modes of the 12 available on the 4 channel amp. The master and reverb circuitry remains the same.

superunknown

Silver Supporting Member
I would not part with my JVM for the world. Incredible tones.....and records like a dream!:RoCkIn

Trending Topics