1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

Impressive New Midi Controller Prototype from RJM Music...

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by uglybassplayer, May 20, 2011.

1. Pedro58

Pedro58 Member

Looks expensive! But very cool!

2. NuSkoolTone

NuSkoolTone Member

Dude, that's insane. Be cool if it became the norm with a reasonable price. ONe can dream right?

Personally I'm a bit tired of foot controllers based on 30+ year old technology! (Yes I'm serious)

3. _pete_

_pete_ Supporting Member

I'd be very surprised if that came in under $900.

Very cool but more than I would ever spend for a MIDI controller.

4. guitarnet70

guitarnet70 Member

...wellit must be at max at the same price point of the MFC101 in order to compensate for the lack of an Axe-Mode with the extra features...

5. serviviente7

serviviente7 Supporting Member

my honest opinion is that i dont like it one bit...its too big and bulky....the screen is too small....its must weight a ton...the letters for the presets looks too small. They need to make the design more appealing...at least to me it looks to square and cold.

6. uglybassplayer

uglybassplayer Member

It's just an early prototype. I'm quite sure the finished production units will be much more refined. If you read the second link I posted, you'll see that RJM has been testing several different types of touch screens & each have their advantages & disadvantages.

7. Dajbro

Dajbro Member

Looks like it would put my Ground Control Pro to shame.

8. NAV1147

NAV1147 Member

thats just a proto. Ive have seen and know whats coming from RJM and it will be ground breaking. The question will be if it can be brought in at a decent price

9. jezzbo

jezzbo Member

very nice, but I think I'm gonna stick to my Gordius Little Giant (for now).

10. ZenRigs Man

ZenRigs Man Member

That does look very cool indeed.

11. rjmmusic

rjmmusic Member

Yes, that is definitely just a prototype - we wanted to have something to show at NAMM, and there was only just enough time to get it up and running. The final product will definitely look a lot better.

No, it's not going to be cheap, but it really is going to raise the bar on power and ease of use in MIDI controllers. It's too early to be able to quote a price, but we'll have it on our site as soon as possible. We're looking at a release date toward the end of this year.

For those interested, we have a blog and forum on our site where I'll be posting updates as things progress.

12. 3dognate

3dognate Supporting Member

Cool... maybe a LITE version as well... that thing is just sick even as a prototype..

13. Dajbro

Dajbro Member

Cool Ron. I'll be checking out the blog.