Impulse buy - an Amptweaker tight rock

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by david(j), Apr 25, 2015.

1. david(j)

david(j) Supporting Member

I'm looking forward to trying this out. I have zero need for additional dirt, but there was an Anderton's video that swayed me. It may or may not replace my bogner red, which I also really love...

What's wrong with me?

Anyway, it looks like a killer pedal, and should arrive next week. Ultimately I really don't need this, but maybe it'll end up on the mini board.

Has it booted a Red from anyone's board?

2. Serenity

Serenity Member

Really impressed with what i've seen of the Amptweaker stuff. I'm currently considering getting the Tight Metal to run into my Laney Lionheart.

3. Pazz

Pazz Member

I didn't buy it, but when I played Tight Rock it was a "holy cow" moment! They sound great, feel great and have fantastic "player" features that are well thought out.

In retrospect I'm kicking myself for not buying one

The pedal was too trebly for some, so James Brown made the Fat Rock. So don't be surprised if it seems trebly.

4. eclipseall

eclipseall Member

Amptweaker distortions are the best ive heard.

5. david(j)

Boom. Thanks fellas.

6. garage-s

garage-s Member

yup the Andertons video does sounds very good to me, can't wait it hear back from you, I am still looking for somthing to replace my Sovereigh :aok

7. david(j)

i'm definitely going to do a review, especially with regard to how it fairs against the Red.

keeping the better one makes sense, but if they're both awesome, we'll see.

8. jordane93

jordane93 Member

Amptweaker pedals have always intrigued me. I'll have to try one of their pedals.

9. PurpleJesus

PurpleJesus Gold Supporting Member Silver Supporting Member

Pedal looks amazing. I just don't need anymore dirt pedals, but if I sold or traded one this one would definitely be on the short list. Demos sound amazing, and I don't think I've ever read a negative comment about one on here....that's almost impossible. :)

Let us know how it sounds!

10. david(j)

Got a chance to play it for 10 mins tonight... Good lord is it awesome.

More to follow, but initial impressions are outstanding.

11. Pazz

Pazz Member

So?? What's the verdict on your impulse buy that I woulda coulda shoulda bought??

12. Sean413

Sean413 Member

I think that was a great impulse buy!

13. Mr. Limbic

Mr. Limbic Member

Love the Tight Rock. So much so that I got th Big Rock Pro and it's every bit worth the upgrade. I still take the Tight Rock on some fly gigs, but it's the BRP mostly. Congrats on the find!

dpgreek likes this.
  14. david(j)

so after some drama, the tight rock is full time on my board. it's replaced my bogner red, which i really loved, but this has a voicing that i like a bit more, with all of the amp-like response that the red had. i do wish it had more tweakability for lows and mids, but that's because i'm a control freak.

i have found a few settings that seem to fit exactly what i want from a distortion device/amp channel with no fuss, and sounds just awesome. i've been using it with the standard eq, as i like the mids, with the gain about half way up. tone and tight control are between 9-10 oclock. if i want to use the boost switch, these settings still seem to work beautifully.

this is going into my fender HRD, btw, which i usually use with the bright switch engaged. if i turn that off, I can up the tone knob on the tight rock.

15. Pazz

Pazz Member

Between my last post on this thread and now, my wife surprised me with an Amptweaker Tight Rock. It is as good as I remembered. The tight knob is very usable. Much more than a gimmick. I don't use the other features of the pedal, but they are well thought out and well executed. Most importantly, the pedal feels great to play. I'm glad you enjoy it too!